Maple Leaf

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from holmqer

holmqer

Local Chapter Leader
Maple Leaf pierced and airbrushed from a maple bowl. Made as a part of a piercing and airbrushing demo I gave at a club in Santa Ynez. Inspired by a similar piece by Lynda Zibbideo. Finished with waterborne lacquer.

Attachments

• Maple Leaf 01 front.jpg
    Maple Leaf 01 front.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 381
  • Maple Leaf 01 side.jpg
    Maple Leaf 01 side.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 329
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

holmqer

Local Chapter Leader
Thanks everyone!

BigE - The maple leaf I sketched myself on paper till I got one that I liked then re-sized on a copier to match the bowl I started with. The pattern of holes is all freehand.

76winger

I'm amazed to see work like this. It's really beautiful, but I've not yet figure out how you make all the holes. Dremel tool? Dentist's drill? Amazing work!

holmqer

Local Chapter Leader
I'm amazed to see work like this. It's really beautiful, but I've not yet figure out how you make all the holes. Dremel tool? Dentist's drill? Amazing work!

I use a dental drill. Dremel is much slower and has too much vibration to do stuff like this in a reasonable time frame. My hands go numb too fast when using Dremel.

Dick Mahany

Beautiful

That is a sweet piece. I like everything about it :). You did well!

The piercing and coloring on your piece are extremely well done and it looks very delicate. Must have taken a lot of patience !! What type of piercing tool did you use?

Hendu3270

I use a dental drill. Dremel is much slower and has too much vibration to do stuff like this in a reasonable time frame. My hands go numb too fast when using Dremel.

So when using a dental drill, the vibration doesn't do that to your hands? I've tried using my dremmel to carve on a turning and know exactly what you're talking about. It killed my hand!! No problems with the dental drill?

holmqer

Local Chapter Leader

So when using a dental drill, the vibration doesn't do that to your hands? I've tried using my dremmel to carve on a turning and know exactly what you're talking about. It killed my hand!! No problems with the dental drill?

Holding my NSK Presto, I can't tell if it is on by feel, and it is not much bigger than a Sharpie. Have handed it "on" to hundreds of folks at shows and none of them could tell it was on from feel. It does makes that same whistling noise you hear in a dentist office.

holmqer

Local Chapter Leader
That is a sweet piece. I like everything about it :). You did well!

The piercing and coloring on your piece are extremely well done and it looks very delicate. Must have taken a lot of patience !! What type of piercing tool did you use?

I use an NSK Presto which is an air powered dental tool. 320,000 RPM

Hendu3270

Holding my NSK Presto, I can't tell if it is on by feel, and it is not much bigger than a Sharpie. Have handed it "on" to hundreds of folks at shows and none of them could tell it was on from feel. It does makes that same whistling noise you hear in a dentist office.

That's awesome. Thanks for the info.

Top Bottom