MAPG Contests

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Cwalker935

MAPG CONTESTS
<hr>The MAPG is hosting the following two contests. To enter a contest simply attend the MAPG and enter your pen by 12:00 p.m. on Saturday May 21, 2016. Pens will be judged anonymously by an independent panel of experts. Awards will be given for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd places in each contest and an overall winner will be selected from the two contests. The overall winner will be given the opportunity to donate the winning pen to the IAP collection where it would be honored along with other great pens (no obligation).
missionimpossible.jpg

Mission Impossible Contest
Your mission, should you choose/decide to accept it, is to create a modified pen that in the tradition of Russ Fairfield exceeds the limits of what can be done with a slimline pen kit, attend the MAPG, and amaze your fellow pen makers with your creativity. As always, should you be caught or killed, the MAPG will disavow any knowledge of your actions. This post will self-destruct within five seconds after you read it. Good luck.
The sole requirement is: Create a pen using at a minimum a cross style refill and at most 2 external components of a slimline pen kit. Winners will be selected by an unbiased panel based on:
  • Originality of design
  • Workmanship- Overall fit and finish
  • Use of material - Composition and originality
  • Overall looks
  • The pen must be made for the MAPG contest by the person entering the contest and not have been publicly displayed anywhere else.
mapgbeauties.jpg

MAPG Beauty Contest
There it is, the MAPG beautiful pen There it is, your ideal pen The dream of a million pen makers who are more than talented for it may turn out to be the Epitome of Beautiful Pens. This is a contest challenging pen makers to make the most Beautiful Pen.
  • It may be any style of pen with the exception of a pen using a cross-type refill. It must be a conventional style Pen.
  • Materials and Methods: the pen may be constructed from whatever materials(s) you choose- conventional or unconventional. You may make the pen from kits, completely kitless or any stage in-between. You can make the pen using any tools available to you as long as you make the pen. That includes but is not limited to wood lathes, metal lathes, cnc equipment, mills, casting equipment, etc.
  • The pen must be made for the MAPG contest by the person entering the contest and not have been publicly displayed anywhere else.
Please email Cody Walker with any questions or clarifications.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Charlie_W

Sounds like fun!
....should I enter a pen this year?....:wink::biggrin:

Most definitely. I wish I could enter one. I spoke to the contest chairman and I, er uh he, told myself, er uh he, told me that it would be inappropriate.

Bummer!.....that's what you get for volunteering :frown:

.......but it does lighten the competition :biggrin:

Cwalker935

Rules Clarification

Please note that the following rules clarification:

Customized blanks used for your entry should be of your own making. Customized blanks include embedded castings (watch parts, pheasant feathers, segmented blanks, label castings, etc).

Top Bottom