Manzanita (moved to classifieds)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nolan

I live in northern California and was on a job site the other day and gathered up a little Manzanita (enough for a couple blanks). I then came home did a search and noticed a little talk about it, but not alot. Thought I would throw it out there to see if there was much interest in it. If so I can go up and harvest some to spread around to the members.
Nolan

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JimGo

If the price is right, I'd love to get some Nolan. IIRC, it's mostly the roots that you see people doing stuff with, rather than the wood itself.

Dario

I love manzanita root burl...haven't tried the regular wood but I think it will be interesting. I too am interested..let me know how much [:)]

Nolan

I'm sorry it would be the burl or limb wood if you want. And as far as price mostly to just cover cost of shipping and a little (or trade) so I can keep getting new types of wood to work with. Thanks to some super members I have gotten a taste of some really nice wood and I think I may be developing a "problem"[:)][:D]
Nolan

wudwrkr

Nolan,
I'd be interested too. I'm also in Northern California, but haven't had a chance to get any manzanita. I definitely want to try it though.

dave

Fangar

I think I still have some manzanita that I cut up a while back. it is waxed and not fully dry. It is the heart wood though and pretty straight grained. It is actually a nice color, but plain.

Fangar

JimGo

A trade sounds good to me, too, though I don't quite have the inventory Dario has! Alternatively, I'd be happy to pay for some.

Dario

Jim,

Definitely won't hog the lot, just want to get as much from the shipping. IF the supply is limited, please do the smaller orders first. I can take the leftover. If there is none left afterwards I am fine too...I actually have lots of manzanita burl, just want to test the regular stuff [:D].

JimGo

Dario, sorry, I wasn't implying that you WOULD hog the lot. I simply meant that I would probably have difficulty filling a flat-rate box (at least one of the big ones), especially if it was all wood. From what I've seen, that shouldn't be a problem for you!

Sorry for any misunderstanding!

Dario

Jim,

I apologize too...my reply may sound bad LOL...but like you, nothing is implied. Just really want to get as much for the same (shipping) cost anyway.

You are right about the box of wood though, I do have more than I can handle right now and I am still buying/collecting!!! (I need help) [B)][V][:0][xx(]

Nolan

To all that replied---------- This is good I will now cut/gather a bunch since there seems to be some interest! I only cut a little the other day just to look at it. I will now start getting as much as need be. I sell my trusses almost exclusively to contractors we are building in the foothills and they just push it in a pill and burn it. So the should be lots to go around. I will post some pics as soon as I get enoungh together.

Nolan

Nolan

Ok here is a little of the Manzanita more to come!! Can sell in slab form like this or cut into blanks. Blanks will have some inclusions and cracks. Mostly looking to trade for other blanks but will sell if you dont have stuff to trade. I am interested in other burls, spalted, PR or the like, mostly stuff not the "everyday wood". Let me know first come first serve. I will get this as fast as possible. Been lots of rain so getting this has been slow as I am not delivering lots of jobs right now (my source of wood). Each piece aprox 9" by 4" at biggest points.
Nolan

20064182321_2006_0418_101733AA.jpg
<br />

200641823253_2006_0418_101824AA.jpg
<br />

200641823551_2006_0418_101818AA.jpg
<br />

200641823616_2006_0418_101831AA.jpg
<br />

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom