Mandrel Saver

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rockytime

I needed only 1 blank which was proprietary to PSI. Since I had to pay postage for such a minimal order I usually find something to add to the order. That something was a mandrel saver. Just got it today. Big disappointment. Taking it out of the plastic wrapper and turning the bearing by hand I discovered the bearing was rough. Like there were sand granules in the bearing. I think I remember some discussion on PSI mandrels being poorly made. Mine could be a fluke so I'm wondering if others have had a similar experience.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wyone

My mandrel saver is the same, rough, but seems to still work well enough. I actually really like using it over the conventional brass nut. One of these days I will see if I can pop out the bearing and replace it

Old Codger

Rocky...I also have a PSI mandrel saver and love it! It's works perfectly and certainly has saved me several mandrels over the years... Since yours is new, I'd contact PSI immediately and chat w/Customer Service! PSI Customer Service has been extremely reliable and fast for my past problems and I'm sure they will take care of your problem ASAP! ALL retailers have problems occasionally...don't write them off, just give them a chance to take care of any problems! If they don't, then write them off and let us know, otherwise let us know with a big Cheer for PSI! Safe turning to you and yours!

KenV

Les, Sometimes bearings are rough running and smooth out with a few hours use -- and sometimes they never smooth out. Had one of the mandrel savers start off on the rough side -- gave it a try and it smoothed out without any more roughness.

turncrazy43

Had mine for years, no problems at all. Do keep it oiled. For the price it has been a bargain. CSUSA sells one but it is about $40.

Top Bottom