Mandrel Saver for Nova Live Center

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

KenV

Frank Wilda has started to offer an MT2 insert for the Nova Live Center System that makes the 3 bearing live center into a Mandrel Saver for the standard "D" sized mandrel.

https://squareup.com/market/wildaness-woods

and scroll down to tools.

I had the opportunity to test drive this insert and have used it for a number of pens. I have had a Nova Live Center System for a good many years and find it very stable and reliable. The three bearing design seems to keep on going and going.

This smallish insert replaces any of the standard inserts that come with the live center. Goes in and seats securely and pops out with the knockout bar without a problem.

I found I needed about 1/2 inch of mandrel length to secure the mandrel securely as the front 1/4 inch of the insert was bored 0.250 before it tightened down a few thousands. The front end made getting the mandrel saver easy and it ran smoothly.

If you have a Nova Live Center, this is a useful add on.

If you are shopping for a live center, this could be a good reason to go for the Nova offering.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wyone

That is really awesome. I do not have the Nova system.. yet.. it is on my short list.. but I have always felt the mandrel saver, while they are awesome in theory, sort of suck bearing wise. This looks like it would solve that.

THank you for the heads up

wildanessdude

In case anyone is looking for one...I have a few 0.291" ID mandrel savers in stock to support "B size" mandrels. I still have plenty of the standard size mandrel savers too.

lorbay

Frank Wilda has started to offer an MT2 insert for the Nova Live Center System that makes the 3 bearing live center into a Mandrel Saver for the standard "D" sized mandrel.

https://squareup.com/market/wildaness-woods

and scroll down to tools.

I had the opportunity to test drive this insert and have used it for a number of pens. I have had a Nova Live Center System for a good many years and find it very stable and reliable. The three bearing design seems to keep on going and going.

This smallish insert replaces any of the standard inserts that come with the live center. Goes in and seats securely and pops out with the knockout bar without a problem.

I found I needed about 1/2 inch of mandrel length to secure the mandrel securely as the front 1/4 inch of the insert was bored 0.250 before it tightened down a few thousands. The front end made getting the mandrel saver easy and it ran smoothly.

If you have a Nova Live Center, this is a useful add on.

If you are shopping for a live center, this could be a good reason to go for the Nova offering.

Been to that site 3 times now and don't see them in tools. All I see is a scratch all.
Lin

wildanessdude

Sorry about that. It should be visible now. I'm not sure why it was turned off.

PM me if you continue to have problems. Thanks.

Top Bottom