Making lumber

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Kalai

Kalai

Hi everyone, I just got a Avacado wood log and I thought I would mill it and show a few photos. Avacado wood is not easy to get because most people want to let the tree grow so they can eat the avacados, this tree was over 90 years old, the trunk of the tree was just over 16 feet long before it started to branch out and 27 inches in diameter, this tree came down because of construction and it had to come down, I milled for pen blanks, bowl blanks and turning squares, now I just need to wait for it to dry, I hope you folks enjoy the pictures of my operation, aloha.

Chris "Kalai"

Attachments

• mill 002.jpg
    mill 002.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 297
  • mill 011.jpg
    mill 011.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 311
  • mill 022.jpg
    mill 022.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 327
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

robutacion

Yeah... I wish that I had all those toys, or the money to buy them, how thankful my back would be...!

That is a serious set up you got out there, and I didn't know that Avacado could ever grow to such size...!:eek:

Any pics of the slabs/boards...???, curious about the grain and colours...!!!

Cheers
George

I love pics of milling,I love milling my self nothing like cracking open logs to see what is in side.Like Christmas anytime of year,lol.Wish I had some of the woods you have,but I make do with the North American domestics,and hunt down the odd weird stuff.What wood mizer is that a LT-40?The LT-40 is the only mill I have ran(i have ran two).Thanks for sharing,Victor you should have posted a few pics of all the slabs to tease us all

arw01

I'm in for a couple of avacaldo pen blanks!

You could dry a few in a small toaster oven from the second hand store. Put it on 100 degrees for a few days and they will dry right out!

What other tasty morsels do yo have laying about?

holmqer

Local Chapter Leader
I love Avocado for bowls and look forward to seeing what you have to offer for bowl blanks.

DurocShark

I'm in for some too. I miss having avocado readily available like I did in So Cal. Shoot, I used to buy avocado wood by the cord for firewood!

Top Bottom