Making Guitar Volume and Tone knobs....

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from gothycdesigns

gothycdesigns

Hey Guys,

Well been a long time since I have been to the site. Last couple of years have been hectic and turning just wasn't in my cards to do.

Anyways.....has any one casted and turned any guitar knobs for volume and tone controls?

I wanted to to check out some pics if any one can provide for a visual and any insights on doing it. I am sure its easy, just wanted to make sure I am on the right track with what I have in my head. Other option is just making them from wood and turning. But would be nice to see something casted and turned.

Thanks for your time. Merry Christmas, belated, and Happy New years coming up.

Ray

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Ray, I get your drift. Custom knobs would be cool. To cast them from acrylics would involve first making a mold. Or, using a blank already made. As for wood, remember you have to drill and, tap a hole for the set screw. Metal is an option but, aluminum would need to be anodized or coated in another way. Brass would need plating. Stainless steel might work if polished. I think the knobs on my Tele are chrome plated brass with knurling around the side.

I think you're looking to add some color. Right? If so, I think a quality acrylic blank would do the job. Tapping threads that will last is important to this project.

Hope you work something out.

Top Bottom