Majestic Squire in Black crushed velvet

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ldb2000

ldb2000

This is the new Majestic Squire in Black crushed velvet . This is now my new favorite kit pen . It is very similar to the Elegant Beauty from Daycom but uses a different tube and bushings and assembles a little differently .
It has the Classic Majestic center band and finial snowflake top . It is finial operated , which I love , and has a nice weight and feel . It uses a 3/8" tube and has a thick wall after turning so no need to paint the tubes with most acrylics .
Overall it is a very well made kit and even the cheapest kits comes in Ti Gold and Black Ti platings or Chrome and Ti Gold . It is also available in 22k Gold and Platinum or Black Ti .
The best thing is I can use my beloved Crushed velvet blanks , They look really classy on this pen .
This is also a little gloat , the pictures were taken with my new Fuji S8100fd 10m Camera . It's a great camera and takes awesome pictures , but it is a little complicated so I'm still learning how to use all the features .

1_majesticsq1.jpg

1_majesticsq2.jpg

As always , comments welcome .

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

cnirenberg

Butch,
Awesome pen. You are correct the black crushed velvet is the sweetest out of all of the colors. It matches up with that pen beautifully.

bruce119

Nice looking pen Butch. Were did you get your blank. I saw the black crushed velvet before and like it. I gotta try some is it real velvet cast in resin or the name of an acrylester.

Looks great
Bruce

jttheclockman

Very nice looking kit and I love the blank. It has class. Both go together well. Where did you buy the kit from??? Thanks for showing it. Nice photography as well.

ldb2000

Thanks for the kind words everyone . . I don't make very many kit pens anymore but this is one kit pen that is going to be in my pen cases from now on . I like the size and weight of it , it is a very heavy pen for it's size , and being finial operated , it works very nicely .
I really love the crushed velvet blanks , they turn nicely and polish like glass
Bruce , I got the blanks from Dawn but sorry to say I bought all of the ones she had . They were imported from overseas but they are not made anymore , too bad cause when my limited supply is gone I can't get anymore .
I think this will be a great kit with any better quality figured blank like Amboyna and other burls .

workinforwood

Great looking pen Butch. I agree, that kit is pretty nice. Custom pens are the best and most fun, but it's tough not to make kit pens if you want to do shows to re-coup money and buy more toys. It would be silly in my opinion, to take yourself completely out of the lower market buyers.

Last edited:
Top Bottom