Mahogany ringed bowl

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from gwilki

gwilki

First keeper with the Ringmaster. Interesting tool.

This is simply a mahogany board, cross cut to length and glued along its length. It's just over 8" in diameter and about 4" high. Finish is two coats of precat lacquer.

Attachments

• interior.jpg
    interior.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 204
  • interior 2.jpg
    interior 2.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 183
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

gwilki

Base size is one of the many discussions that I have with my wife on bowl shape. This one is about 2.75" on a bowl that is just over 8". I think it looks better in person than in my pics, but my wife would still agree with you. :)

Tks for writing.

Kalai

HI Grant, very nice looking bowl, I like the way it looks, even the bottom. The size of the bottom depends on what look your going for, if you want an artistic look, most of the time you want a small base, if you want it functional then a bigger base would be good.
That is a basic rule that I use, aloha.

Kalai

toolcrazy

Very nice bowl.

I agree that the bottom is too small, but that is what is nice about the Ring Master. You can modify all you want. I haven't finished my first, yet. Just haven't had the time. I hope you bought the PAG, makes setup sooo much easier.

gwilki

Thank you for your critiques. Our preferences on bottom size are very individual. :). I will say that, since the walls of this one are about 3/16" thick, it is very light and not at all tippy.

Bob: No, this does not mean that I'm keeping the RM. I got it for a good price, and I wanted to try it. Now that I have, I find it a bit too limiting and will try to sell it. It does what it does very well, though.

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Grant, I've seen the name Ringmaster a few times now. But I don't have a clue what it is. Please let us know. Thanks.

BTW, I like the way the wood changes colour with the grain direction. I'm not a 'bowl guy' but I like the modern clean looking lines combined with the classical wood material. :)

Top Bottom