Magnetic Graduate Chrome Rollerball

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Tim K

Tim K

Has anyone use these before?

Made these for a friend, this is the pen he wanted. I never had any experience with these as far as the chrome plating and durability.
Thanks

Attachments

• image-1824146588.jpg
    image-1824146588.jpg
    230.8 KB · Views: 484
  • image-3364978119.jpg
    image-3364978119.jpg
    197.4 KB · Views: 414
  • image-3846002739.jpg
    image-3846002739.jpg
    194.3 KB · Views: 271
  • image-2210448664.jpg
    image-2210448664.jpg
    197.7 KB · Views: 283
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BSea

That's a great looking blank. What kind of wood and what did you use for the inlay?

Chrome usually is a decent material for a finish. I guess time will tell. How do you like the magnet cap?

wood-of-1kind

Have made two(2) Graduates in black chrome and regular chrome. So far so good but I don't know if I want to making more. Some customers are attracted ( no pun intended) to the magnetic cap, whilst others not so much. A god kit overall at the price point that PSI sells for.

Forgot to mention that your pen really looks good and is well crafted.

Tim K

BSea,

The wood is a historic 350 year old white oak.
The inlay is sleeping beauty Torquoise, I sometimes use the powder but I used the the fine crushed stone this time because the area to be filled was larger than normal. The size of the crushed stones gave a nice contrast with the wood.

Tim K

As far as the Magnet cap, I'm torn. I do see customers trying to push a cap on to post it rather than screw it on so maybe it has a place....

allisnut

I have two that I carry every day, a rollerball and a fountain. The chrome holds up well. Most people love the magnetic cap.

JohnU

Very nice looking pen. I love the oak. I get great reception to magnetic caps. Some women don't like them because the cap gets knocked off in their purse. Others like it because they don't care for the threads on other kits. Some have asked for snap on caps like their Mont Blanc and the magnet has been a successful substitute for the sale.

Fishinbo

That's a wonderful pen, like the turquoise inlay and the beautiful wood with chrome. One lucky friend!

Tim K

Thanks for the comments guys, I appreciate it! Please pick my creations apart, I'm always trying to get better!
JohnU, good to know! I've never looked at the Vertex, the 24kt and chrome might be an idea for some people. Thanks.

allisnut

Beatiful workmanship and lovely wood. I have made a few vertex with magnetic caps and most people like them. (although I don't like the fact you can not upgrade their nibs).

What is the issue with upgrading nibs? I have swapped a Bock into my magnetic vertex, and recently tried a heritance but it was a little loose.

Tim K

Thanks they really turned out great.... A nice surprise I must say. I just gave them to my friend tonight and it was well worth it! He fell on the ice last weekend and broke 3 ribs, so it was a welcome birthday present!

Top Bottom