Macadamia Nut Wood

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PenWorks

Mac, here is a link to a macadamia nut Ligero I cut, nice hard dense wood. This ine was pretty dark. Came from BB

http://www.penturners.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1791&SearchTerms=nut

Anthony

J. Fred Muggs

Don't have a picture of the one I've done. But it's nothing to worry about. Loks and acts a whole lot like lacewood and leopard wood. A little darker brown tha lacewood with a similar but finer grain. Makes a nice pen.

Scott

I made a nice Macadamia wood pen last year, and had it displayed in the Beneath the Bark exhibit at the BYU Art Museum. Here's a picture of that pen taken by Rich Kleinhenz for me:

2005115152023_Scott4.jpg
<br />

I got the blank from Bill Baumbeck, and yes, it is stabilized. It turned very nicely, and I really like the dark shimmery pattern of the wood. Try it, you'll like it!

Scott.

Absolutely beautiful, Scott. What is the pen hardware. Looks somewhat like what BB is now selling as the Barron kit but the end you would post the cap on is different.

woodpens

Originally posted by Mac In Oak Ridge
<br />Absolutely beautiful, Scott. What is the pen hardware. Looks somewhat like what BB is now selling as the Barron kit but the end you would post the cap on is different.
The Jr Gentleman pens have an optional end cap. One you can post, and one is like Scott's. I typically order them for posting in the rollerball and the other for the fountains.

Scott, that is beautiful! Richard's photography doesn't hurt either, huh?

PenWorks

Yep. looks like the same nut I had [:D] Beautifull pen Scott, you did a very fine job very classy looking piece. [:)]

Not that I am knocking Richard's photo work, because it is some of the best I've seen. But the pics are so PERFECT, that they almost don't look real, but kinda drawn or air brushed in. (just an opinion)

Anthony

Scott

Thanks Everybody!

Actually, I think Richard's photography made ALL the difference. It really is a nice pen, but this picture brings out the beauty of the pen.

It is just a Gentleman Junior kit, which back when I made this pen it was the very newest thing! When they first started making them, the rollerball had the three faceted nib section as shown here. I thought that was one of the nicest features of the pen, and I was glad to see Bill Baumbeck's Baron come out with a faceted nib section.

In case anybody's interested, Rich did photographs of all the Beneath the Bark pens, and they will be going up on Kurt Hertzog's site pretty soon. That is the same site that hosts the Pen Maker's Guild Gallery. I'll post a link when I get it!

Scott.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom