M9x.75 tap/die

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

InvisibleMan

If I want a M9x.75 tap and die to use on kitless pens, will these work?

M9 | eBay

I'd rather buy from IAP vendors, but they all seem to be out.

Thx,

ps: Heck, while I'm at it, here's my plan of attack. I'm planning to use M12 triple start tap/die for the cap and M9x.75 for the section and finial when I want one. Sound good?

Where can I learn what drills to use, assuming I'm on track so far?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Yes, use the round 1 inch die and the plug tap. Yes the m12 and m89 will work well together.

IPD_Mr

The only M9 a .75 die I saw on that list was a 1-1/2" die. It will work if you have the 1-1/2" die holder. Right now unless you want ot pay big money it seems the M9 x .75 1" round HSS adjustables are pretty much gone in the US.

InvisibleMan

The only M9 a .75 die I saw on that list was a 1-1/2" die. It will work if you have the 1-1/2" die holder. Right now unless you want ot pay big money it seems the M9 x .75 1" round HSS adjustables are pretty much gone in the US.

Ya, at this point I'm pretty much figuring I'll need the 1.5" die. I'd rather have the 1 inch, but can't find it anywhere.

The Penguin

I just stopped by a tool place today and picked up one for $5.20

IPD_Mr

You got HSS not Carbon and it was adjustable 1" round for $5.20?

The Penguin

Penguin What tool store did you stop at I'm right outside of Houston and always looking for a source.

Bass Tool & Supply near Old Hempstead and Dacoma

You got HSS not Carbon and it was adjustable 1" round for $5.20?

it's Chinese made, but yes, it says "HSS" on the die and is adjustable.

InvisibleMan

OK, between driilandcutters.com and metric-tools.com I think I've got this thing surrounded, including a single start M12x.75 tap/die. If I like kitless, I'll spring for the triple start for the cap.

metric-tools has everything, but drillsand cutters was quite a bit cheaper on the dies, so I split my order up. Hopefully I receive everything and it actually all works together:eek:. I'm a bit of an adventure at times I'm afraid.

Now, what's all this I hear about nibs? What are those and how many will I need?:tongue:

Top Bottom