Not open for further replies.

samuel07

I love this stuff! It almost glows[8D][8D]

20073351142_OObaron.jpg

Sorry, not the best picture.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rifleman1776

Originally posted by Tanner
<br />Wow Wayne, that is a very beautiful pen. I have nver used Osage Orange. You're making me want to get some now. Very nice!!

I wonder if anybody here sells OO? [:0][;)]
BTW, very excellent.
I love turning it, very hard. Not difficult, just a hard-hard wood.

alxe24

I love the stuff too. I made a few already and they are great. Try crosscuting it, it looks very well too. The only thing is when x cutting it crack on my pen it expands and contact more so glue the tubes and let it sit fow a few days before you even flush the ends.
I have not seen that finish on the Jr Gent before, nor the nib. Am I going nuts or what?
Regards
Alex

samuel07

I have not seen that finish on the Jr Gent before, nor the nib. Am I going nuts or what?
The pen is a Sterling Silver Baron, the nib comes from CSUSA except the chrome trim ring which cane off of a nib from AS. (Yes the CSUSA nibs screw right into a baron kit. The CSUSA nibs only come in the gold trim.)

epossum

Beautiful work, Samuel. I have about 30 pens worth of Osage Orange waiting to be turned (actually some of it is way bigger than a pen blank - I had it in mind to try some other things...and some pens). I haven't turned any of this wood yet - kind of saving it for something special. Your work shown here is making me itch to get out there and turn a pen with that beautiful wood. I've noted some of the other posts with advice on this wood, and will follow same. I found this wood on eBay in two or three different lots. I jumped on it as it looked so interesting and am glad I did. You can undoubtedly find more if you check eBay. Just be picky about who you deal with. Check the seller's feedback rating and use PayPal if possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom