Lost my pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Woodkiller

Well, half of it anyway. I still have the cap. :frown: I did notice a couple times that the cap worked loose in my pocket and when I was at a store recently I was wrestling with a cranky 3 yr old and when I got to the car I noticed I was missing the important part. 3 trips around the store and no joy finding it, and no one turned it in to cust. Service. It was a continental form woodcraft with metal to metal threads. Is this a common problem or was I just unlucky? If this is a common problem, is there something I can do to prevent it from happening again?

Thanks for any help/advice.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    313 KB · Views: 241
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Jim Smith

I had a similar problem with a Jr. Gent. I was wear a dress shirt with no top pocket so I clipped the pen to the inside front of my shirt near the buttons. The pen came unscrewed and I noticed it when I saw a 1 inch in diameter ink stain on my shirt. I don't allow that pen to be clipped on any part of my shirt now. I wish you luck in finding your pen.

Jim Smith

plano_harry

I don't know that pen, but something you might try would be to run a tiny bead of black silicone around the base of the cap thread to provide a little grip.

Woodkiller

Jim, the pen is long gone now. I lost it over a week ago. :(
Harry, I thought about that, but I'd like to sell a few also and I don't think that would be the right way to go. It may end up being an option tho.

jondavidj

Mike,

I can't tell you how many Brooks Brothers dress shirts I have had to replace. I usually carry mine in my right pocket. It has come loose before and I have had ink stains in my shirts. I carry the Venus Pen and they must have done something because it does fit better in my shirt pocket. I still carry them there so people will ask. I carry a journal of retaking notes in a meeting and always have one clipped to there for people to see.

If you need another Continental, I have one in fountain pen. Let me know.

Jon David

Woodkiller

Thank you Jon, if you still have it when we get together I'd love to have it. I'll see what I can get together to bring with me. Maybe I will bring some pr and Apple barn paint and see if we can make some blanks. :eek:

Woodkiller

So it seems that it has happened to others, so it isn't just me. Does anyone else have any ideas that haven't been mentioned? Is this just something that is, and just needs to be dealt with, or is there a cure for this?

Harry's idea will probably work(thank you sir), but is that the only option? Some of you guys have been doing this a while and I can't imagine this is a new problem. What else did you guys come up with?

Top Bottom