Lost in Time (over 150 parts)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from bruce119

Jim Smith

Bruce,

I really like your versions of this pen design loaded with tiny parts so carefully laid out. I imagine that a Bulova sales person would love to get their hands on that pen. As usual, beautiful job.

Jim Smith

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

sbell111

Awesome pen, but it makes me very conflicted. On one hand, it makes me really want to build one of these steampunk things. On the other, I can't imagine measuring up.

bruce119

Awesome pen, but it makes me very conflicted. On one hand, it makes me really want to build one of these steampunk things. On the other, I can't imagine measuring up.

Just start building .... there's a ton of info in the casting forum. :wink:

Just get started and keep adding parts for a week :hypnotized:

Then pucker up when it comes time to cast :eek:

Then sit back and enjoy :beer:

:biggrin::biggrin:

louisbry

Bruce, as always you did an incredibele job. What everyone said many times. I noticed that the kit you used is smaller than a Jr. Gent II and that compounds the casting work since the finished thickness of the barrel is so thin.

Last edited:

bruce119

Bruce, as always you did an incredibele job. What everyone said many times. I noticed that the kit you used is smaller than a Jr. Gent II and that compounds the casting work since the finished thickness of the barells is so thin.

exactly I was giving the dremel a work-out and my forceps are about a 1/2" shorter. :cool:

:)

Padre

If you aren't a member already, this is a ticket in to the Pen Maker's Guild!

I am just blown away with this and keep coming back to look at it. Just wow.

And as far as the kit not being high end, so what??? That blank makes it way above high end in my book.

Rick_G

Not much I can add to what has already been said. I'd like to try one someday but for now am having enough trouble with wood never mind getting fancy. My neighbour is a retired pastor and he fixes watches for people as a hobby so I think something like this would make a nice gift. Just have to keep my eye open for some old watches that no longer work.

Top Bottom