Lost Cambridge band

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Lenny

I just recently discovered that the Cambridge pen (center, right) is missing one of the gold trim rings at the centerband! :eek::mad:

I vaguely remember a customer at one of the craft shows grabbing it and attempting ... (no, not even attempting) ... SUCCESSFULLY pulling it apart like a snap cap! I thought I had gotten it away from him in time but apparently not before the ring went awol! :frown:

Just thought I would ask here before I try calling Berea. ... in case anyone has one in amongst their spare parts ?

Thanks!:beat-up:

Attachments

• Cambrg1.jpg
    Cambrg1.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 182
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

witz1976

Damn that sucks to hear Lenny, If you call Berea I hope you have better luck than I did. I had a customer break the nib feeder to a flat top in platinum (a nice $20 kit) they didn't have a replacement.:mad:

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
Don't you just love it when a customer forces a pen open, they are usually the same ones that have no idea how their pen got broken either.

JimMc7

<snip> If you call Berea I hope you have better luck than I did. <snip>

Same here -- no luck getting replacement parts from Berea. CSUSA much better customer service in my experience (I've bought a couple replacement Jr Gent parts).

Lenny

I tried turning an ebony "ring" figuring it would look better than nothing and at least fill the space. But I'm not Butch! It kinda fit ok ... until I tried to press it on just a little more ... then Snap! :frown:

Maybe I'll give it another try sometime with an acrylic :)

ldb2000

I tried turning an ebony "ring" figuring it would look better than nothing and at least fill the space. But I'm not Butch! It kinda fit ok ... until I tried to press it on just a little more ... then Snap! :frown:

Maybe I'll give it another try sometime with an acrylic :)

Drill the blank to proper hole size then turn it to proper outside diameter and soak it good with thin CA , both inside and outside , then finish the outside and part off the slices with a thin parting tool , support the inside of the hole with a brass tube or piece of something supported by the tailstock as you part off the slices . This will support the thin walls and keep you from chasing the slices all over the shop . The CA soak will harden the wood enough to make it workable in thin slices and should keep it from breaking when you press it together .

Top Bottom