Looking

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

fernhills

i`m looking for any info and know how on using glitter,embossing powder and such products for these Jarrah blanks i have..I rough turned one to see how it is,they turn good and stay together,anything you can say

200712305817_Hpim0390.jpg

on subject will be helpful.. Carl

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Ron Mc

You could use the wood dust itself by turning it then filling the voids with CA and then using 220 grit paper on it as it spins. I do this all the time.

Phillip

I turned a couple of pens with jarrah and they turned out great. I filled the voids with CA until completely full and completed the projects with a good CA finish. have heard nothing but good comments on the two pens. I will get pictures and post them soon.

winpooh498

I do both of the above mentioned methods or we have a variety of ground stone and brass. I fill the voids with the powder then let thin CA run into the void to fill it up. Sometimes if you put the CA straight on the filling it will run out of the void, so let it wick in.

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Originally posted by Dario

Try filling the voids with black CA.

Hi Dario, I think I've read you mention black CA before. When I first read it, I tried in vain to source some. Is this something you stain or dye first or could you point me in the direction of a supplier please?

Many thanks

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Thanks for the links guys. I guess I'll be contacting Manny soon:D

One last stupid question[:I] Does the black rubberized CA polish up?

Thanks again

Top Bottom