Looking for....

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SDB777

Got a customer that wants a cartridge pen(308Win from PSI), but instaed of the clips they come with....he wants a clip that is seen on a Cigar pen. Two very different diameter clips....
Any thoughts on a fix for this?

Scott (hate not to make one) B

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JimMc7

I've never used a PSI cartridge kit, but the Berea cartridge kit (with rifle clip) is essentially a modified "cigar" style pen. The tube diameters are identical so I think you could blend a chrome Berea cigar and chrome Berea cartridge kit to get a cigar clip on a cartridge pen. Sorry, I don't have any unfinished cartridge kits to try slipping the cartridge lower ring over the cigar transmission (only obvious potential problem I could see).

In summary, replace upper/transmission portion with one from a cigar kit except use bottom trim ring from the cartridge kit (which you may have to drill).

I did put a cigar top/transmission on a cartridge kit and, while looking goofy (photo attached -- diameter of lower trim ring much too large), it did fit/operate. The cigar top cap is close to the same size as the Berea cartridge cap fittings -- I use two of johnnycnc cigar pen top cap bushings to turn the cartridge caps between centers (IIRC, 0.006" larger than cartridge diameter -- close enough for me!).

I bought the cartridge kit from Ernie at BTW. The cigar top portion is a two-tone chrome/black chrome from woodenpenpro. Then again, your customer may not like the look of the Berea kit and all this is for naught!

Edit to add: The Berea cartridge clip looks like a standard slimline clip (funky adapter at cap) so you could probably substitute a different slimline clip, too. As you've probably guessed, I figure somebody will like the cartridge pen except for the rifle clip someday, too!

Attachments

• IMG_7939.jpg
    IMG_7939.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 208
  • IMG_7902.jpg
    IMG_7902.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 198
Last edited:

SDB777

Thanks guys...not quite what I'm after.

The clip just needs to replace the clip on the click-style PSI kit 308Cartridge pen. I'm still looking but, I haven't found anything yet....

Scott (picky customer....) B

mick

Thanks guys...not quite what I'm after.

The clip just needs to replace the clip on the click-style PSI kit 308Cartridge pen. I'm still looking but, I haven't found anything yet....

Scott (picky customer....) B

Sorry Scott, I didn't realize the PSI pen was a click. Wish I could of helped. :frown:

SDB777

Scott,
Just thinking out of the box, but what about a closed end turning, and then use the clip as a floating clip, unless it's the cap he wants, then this likely wont work.

How does a closed end pen work in the click style? Is it even possible?

Scott (maybe I should solder one to the body of the cartridge) B

ldb2000

The upper finial trim comes as a unit but it could be taken apart and a cigar clip could be used as a replacement but you couldn't use the keeper ring so you would have to make a new keeper ring for the clip and unless you can gold plate brass you would have to make that ring out of the body material and then glue it all together . So it is doable but it would take a bit of work and time to make it work and look good .

Top Bottom