Looking for (you never know unless you ask)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

a>
JTTHECLOCKMAN

a>

Loc: New Jersey
Where can I find????
#7268762 - 04/19/16 09:07 PM
Edit post Edit Reply to this post Reply Reply to this post Quote

I have a few windows that do not stay open any more and need to replace the springs for a lack of a better word. The windows are probably from the 1970's or a little later. Not sure. There is no name on the windows and I have no idea what they are. They are double pane insulated windows.

I am looking for the spring that holds the window up or a replacement that can work. The tube for the spring is 18" in length and has a helix sort of spring. I have included a couple photos to help identify.

Any suggestions as to where to look would be appreciated. Thanks..

--------------------
John T.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Charlie_W

John,

Check and see if you have a "Window Doctor" in your area. You can also contact window companies which do replacement windows. They take these out all the time. Perhaps they save a few parts and pieces.

Good luck!

If you need a stick to hold the window open, maybe you can find someone to turn one for you:biggrin::rolleyes:

jttheclockman

John,

Check and see if you have a "Window Doctor" in your area. You can also contact window companies which do replacement windows. They take these out all the time. Perhaps they save a few parts and pieces.

Good luck!

If you need a stick to hold the window open, maybe you can find someone to turn one for you:biggrin::rolleyes:

It is funny but one of the windows I have a 4X4 piece of cedar. Not sure why I never tried fixing these in the past. Now that I am selling the house they are coming up on the home inspection. Have to take one over to Home Depot. They look very easy to replace if I can find them. From other sites it seems these are very common even today. Thanks.

jttheclockman

Oh it looks like the deal on selling my Mom's house has fallen through again. This is the third contract that did not get completed. The owners are getting cold feet as their lawyer put it. They did not realize they had to do maintenance on the house too.:eek: Buying a 100 year old home what is it that you expect??? I am getting so frustrated already. Will find out for sure tomorrow. I believe my Mom and Dad are looking down on me and telling me not to sell their home. I am beginning to wonder.

They paid for a home inspection that came out quite well. They pick 4 stupid things to resist. The radon test did not come back yet.

To top it all off my back went out again Saturday. Restless nights and the days are not much better. Oh the agony.

At least I got the windows fixed. :biggrin:

Hang in there John, the right people for your folks house just haven't come along yet... they are still out there looking for the perfect place, yours.

Sorry about the back, rest and take it easy, and get better... I'm sure your mom and dad won't want you to stress over what you can't control

jttheclockman

Hang in there John, the right people for your folks house just haven't come along yet... they are still out there looking for the perfect place, yours.

Sorry about the back, rest and take it easy, and get better... I'm sure your mom and dad won't want you to stress over what you can't control

Thanks Chuck. Yes I really did a number on the back this time. Retired life is not working out the way I had envisioned it 2 years ago:)

I still owe a couple people some pens and that has been still put on the back burner.Well I am still walking upright so have to look at it as a positive. :biggrin:

Thanks Chuck. Yes I really did a number on the back this time. Retired life is not working out the way I had envisioned it 2 years ago:)

I still owe a couple people some pens and that has been still put on the back burner.Well I am still walking upright so have to look at it as a positive. :biggrin:

Your profile doesn't give your birth year, but I can tell you that retirement can be a blast or not so much fun... I've been retired 10 years and at 74, I've tweaked my back just getting out of bed or bending over to pick up a 2 lb bag of cat food... so I can sympathize... fortunately, that's been a while now and except for getting tired doing things, mowing my yard, standing 4 or 5 hours at the lathe, I'm relatively good health.

jttheclockman

My bad back along with bad knees and a shoulder that needs to worked on come from 43 years in construction and the wear and tear of the body. had a bad back since my early 20's from sports. It can go out just about any time. This time it was picking up the newspaper off the floor. Will recover have done this many times before. I refuse to be fused together like a robot. :biggrin:

The decision on the house did not happen today because my lawyer was in the hospital with her mother. Maybe by tomorrow I will know where things go. Family always comes first and foremost.

Top Bottom