Looking for some special elk antler

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Wood Butcher

Local Chapter Leader
The special part is that I want it to be from the southwest US. I'm working on a pen design that will incorporate the antler and some really cool turquoise truestone with gold threading in it. It's for a client and will end up in the hands of an Indian chief. Anyone know where I can get it? I sent emails to several hunting camps and outfitters in New Mexico but I'm not getting any response. I also want to include some German silver and think I can get a little from a local jewelry store. Any suggestions will be appreciated., thanks
WB

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Jim Burr

Banned
Got my mind to twisting Bill!! I hear...not a fact!! but hear that elk slim to come by. If you had a piece that needed a fill...both turquoise and gold thread, say ...in the bark of the antler...fill the need?

Wood Butcher

Local Chapter Leader
The design I'm working on would include the scalloped look that has been added to the library. I thought that the turquoise with the gold thread running through it and the elk antler scalloped with the German silver between the other two materials could look nice and reflect the SW tribe materials.
Sharon, if you are willing to part with a piece or two of the antler PM me and let's aee if we can make it work. Thanks for the replies.
WB

TimS124

There was a trading post in Sedona, AZ a few years ago that had lots of antler pieces. No idea if any/all/none was locally sourced though...

juteck

A little pricey, but if you can find a Pet Smart store, they sell antler in the section where they sell dog chews and rawhide. It won't be from a local source though, I'm sure.

Last edited:
Top Bottom