Looking for Richard Joyner Backer Plate

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from tbfoto

tbfoto

I'm intrested in trying to make some pendants and watched the video tutorials by Ed Davidson. He was using a tool called the Richard Joyner Backer Plate. I have searched all over and have not been able to find anywhere that sells this tool. Does anyone know where to get it?

Tom

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

tbfoto

Well this really sucks. You see....the other night I was at a high school basketball game and saw a young woman with a pendant around her neck and thought it looked nice. I got to thinking...hey...I bet I could make something like that on my lathe and I bet I could even sell them at a local craft fair. So today I'm on this site and was simply looking through the pen making videos and came across the video about pendant making....still not realizing that I'm the LAST ONE on earth that ISN'T making them. Here I thought I had an original idea...only to find out I'm once again...a day late and a dollar short.
Kind of like when I invented the internet.... before that Bill Gates guy stole my idea. :biggrin:

Happy turning everyone.
Tom

rhino17

you can find it in the business classifieds under a thread titled Pendant backer plate by sailing_away. I just got mine in the mail today can't wait to use it.

Hope this helps

Darren

derry1

how can i contact richard joyner

I'm intrested in trying to make some pendants and watched the video tutorials by Ed Davidson. He was using a tool called the Richard Joyner Backer Plate. I have searched all over and have not been able to find anywhere that sells this tool. Does anyone know where to get it?

Tom
how can i contact richard about purchasing a joyner backing plate deluxe???? as seen in tutorials by ed davidson re pendant turning--derry1

randyrls

you can find it in the business classifieds under a thread titled Pendant backer plate by sailing_away. I just got mine in the mail today can't wait to use it.

Hope this helps

Darren

Sailing_away aka Richard Joyner. If you can look at the Feb 2011 issue of Woodturning Design. There is a good article on how to make the pendent using the backer plate.

derry1

thanks alphageek--sent enquiry to richard re pendant deluxe setup thanks----derry1
merry christmas

Top Bottom