Looking for Pen Blank Sources

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bartstar

Except for my intro - this is my first posting, so forgive me if this a a well worn subject.

Up till now, I've been buying most of my pen blanks from e-bay auctions. This is a bit tedious since most of the auctions are for just a few blanks at a time. I'm looking for a more reliable source with stable bulk pricing. I'm interested in highly figured woods only - preferably burls. Can anyone steer me to a good and reasonably priced supplier.

Thanks
Bart

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

low_48

Only $300? That guy must really have some strong will power!!![:D] I have literally tons of wood, what are you interested in? I have price ranges from $.25 to $4 per blank, or I can sell you slabs and you can cut your own. Burl blanks only range from $2 to $4. In burls I only have hundreds of pounds.[:p]

Rich

dubdrvrkev

Bart, what I have done in order to try alot of different types of wood is to get a "care package" if-you-will. I'll send Dario a paypal and he'll ship me out some blanks, he has sent me some fantastic blanks and a few unexpected little gems along the way. Dario cover your eyes for a minute,... he always down plays the quality but they are normally great stuff.
I do also have a bit of luck on ebay but I usually only do that for large, to me (30+ blanks,) quantity buys of the same species.

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
Interesting combinations can be made with domestic woods both hard and soft.
Yes burls are nice that is why BB sells them both natural and dyed,That's why he calls them "eye' candy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom