Looking for parts

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from keithlong

keithlong

I am looking for the top or final for key chains. I am making some rifle casing key chains and I am using real bullets on the bottom of them. I hate to buy a kit just to get the final and not use the the rest. Any ideas?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Kenny Durrant

If you can use the top of a Slimline kit I have tons. My first thought would be to try to drill a hole and insert a loop of some sort. Your welcome to them if you want to go that route.

jttheclockman

Why not buy the kits? Cut the tube to size needed. These are all real bullets, kits. You drill top of shell. Not sure if they still sell the basic key chain kits any more. that is what these were.
pensandkeychains.jpg
Latest Pens.jpg

Last edited:

keithlong

All I need is the top piece that the ring goes into. I do not use a tube at all. I press the bullet into the bottom as pictured. I just think there is a place to buy just that piece. I drill a hole in the primer end just big enough to glue it into the casing. Thanks guys.

jttheclockman

Last edited:

MRDucks2

Jennifer used eye hooks for a jewelry supply. Not sure if you could adapt these or not. From my leather working days you are looking for a "keyring fob". There are many styles out there if you can find one to meet your needs.

darrin1200

I use half a barrel necklace clasp from Michaels. The two pieces screw together. I drill and tap a hole to fit the male thread half.

1712494372862.jpeg

KenB259

If you can use the top of a Slimline kit I have tons. My first thought would be to try to drill a hole and insert a loop of some sort. Your welcome to them if you want to go that route.
Kenny, I would take them. I just bought a few. I use them for the top of diamond painting tools.

civilwartalk

If you are willing to go the DIY route... maybe you could insert a wood dowel into the casing, you could then drill and screw in an eyelet into the end of the dowel right through the primer hole, and then attach your keychain hardware to the eyelet. If you don't want to see wood in the primer hole, you can dye the wood, or dip the end of the dowel in metallic epoxy resin to mimic the brass color before you insert it.

Only issue I haven't figured out with that is you'd need to cut dowel shorter than the brass casing to leave room to seat the bullet, so how do you hold dowel in place to drill and screw eyelet. Maybe 5 minute epoxy the dowel into the casing? I guess it would depend on the size of the brass and how gentle you are drilling and screwing into the dowel.

Top Bottom