Looking for de-burring tool

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

randyrls

I have this tool from LE Wilson. I have used it for many many years, but it is getting progressively dull from use. It looks like an arrow head with the point being 6 cutting edges and the "tail" being 3 extensions with a pin in the middle. I use the point to champher the inside of the brass tube and the rear tail to remove burs from the outside of the brass tube when I cut tubes shorter or longer than the ones supplied with the kit.

Does anyone know where to purchase these? (other than L E Wilson?)

https://lewilson.com/case-mouth-burring-tool

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Muddydogs

So OP what did you do to yours to dull it? I can't believe that using one on a few pen tubes has effected the sharpness.

leehljp

Member Liaison
So OP what did you do to yours to dull it? I can't believe that using one on a few pen tubes has effected the sharpness.
I welcome Randy's answer. But I also wonder if you noticed his start date on this forum: 17 years ago and continuously making pens as well as other things. I have worn out a few tools in that time myself. šŸ˜ I got the same tool he is showing about the time he started also, and have used it for more than just brass. THAT is a handy tool!

jttheclockman

I welcome Randy's answer. But I also wonder if you noticed his start date on this forum: 17 years ago and continuously making pens as well as other things. I have worn out a few tools in that time myself. šŸ˜ I got the same tool he is showing about the time he started also, and have used it for more than just brass. THAT is a handy tool!
Right there with Hank on this one. I too have been using the same one I started with and have made many pens over that time and they do wear. The thing is you have to push harder on it as it wears and that is not ideal. Probably an easy way to hit with a stone but for that price on Amazon I have better things to do. Last me another 18 years.

Top Bottom