Looking for Air Force Insignia Inlays

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MnkyNthMddl

Happy Holidays to all.<?xml:namespace prefix = "o" ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

I would like to start out by saying I've been a member heresince 2012. I have not posted much overthe years. Rest assured though that Igain great knowledge from all of the material.<o:p></o:p>

Not as an excuse but the last few years have been a bit of achallenge. I work in the oil industry so you can imagine where I ended up inMay of 2016. The oil/energy crash hit sohard in Texas that I was out of work for 11 months. When work finally came along in April of 2017,it came with a move to Washington State. I don't mind that so much though as itis really beautiful up here. Besides mywife is Canadian and this puts her close to home. My wife opened a new travelagency during my layoff period and we are building that (I help her with thatas I can). <o:p></o:p>

During the first week of being laid off, we lost my dad tocancer, Our youngest daughter moved out on her own, Our third oldest daughter (bythe way, we have 5 daughters and 1 son) joined the Air Force and is nowstationed a fair distance from home, Our only son, the youngest of six, whojoined the Air Force the previous year was just recently deployed toAfghanistan.

Please don't think that I'm crying in my pillow or feelingdepressed. I know my experiences make me stronger and I am immensely proud of allof our kids as well as my daughter and my son's military service. I served 6years in the USN and have somewhat of an understanding of the sacrifices theyare making. I'm terribly grateful that they have something inside them that compelsthem to serve the greater good of others.<o:p></o:p>

The purpose for the back story I guess is to try and justifymy lack of participation in the topics before. I suppose there is always time but I just haven't seem to have made it apriority before.<o:p></o:p>

I would like, in my small way, to send each of them a token ofthat appreciation. They get the letters,calls and presents for the holidays but I am looking for something special. <o:p></o:p>

Just when you think you hit on the right idea, it doesn't seemto be available. At least not obviously. I am looking for a few pen blanks withthe Air Force Insignia inlaid into the wood (See AirForce Pic). Most likely it will need to be a laser cutitem in a blank but I expect that. Don'treally want stained wood. <?xml:namespace prefix = "v" ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" /><v:shape id="Picture_x0020_4" style="width: 24.75pt; height: 24.75pt; visibility: visible; mso-wrap-style: square;" type="#_x0000_t75" alt="AirforceCombined.jpg" o:spid="_x0000_i1025"> <v:imagedata o:title="AirforceCombined" src="file:///C:\Users\klapeyre\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image003.jpg"></v:imagedata></v:shape> I found this (See Stained Pic) at https://www.woodnwhimsies.com/product943.html<o:p></o:p>

Im looking for something more like a natural wood, maybe awalnut barrel with a maple and cherry inlay. (Walnut barrel, Cherry for theBlue and Maple for the Silver). <o:p></o:p>

If anyone knows of something or someplace I can find these Iwould be very grateful for the information.<o:p></o:p>

Thank you and Merry Christmas.<o:p></o:p>

Attachments

• airforce.jpg
    airforce.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 282
  • stained.jpg
    stained.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 147
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

KenV

All I could find and Wood-N-Whimses was a stained wood version.

Those are dyed, not stained. Blue insignia is what most Air Force expect.

If you are not in a super hurry, they can do custom work, so you might talk to them about a special order.

Rifleman1776

If you belonged to a veterans organization, like American Legion, or others, you would get a magazine with many ads for medals, insignia, etc. Hold on, I'll get you a link to one.........I'm back, hope I didn't keep you waiting long. ;-) Try: hmchonors.com or militaryvetspx.com Hope you join a vets organization soon. The old timers are dieing off and the younger generation needs to participate.

carlmorrell

Hobble creek craftsman makes some really nice steampunk theme. Tube-in cast foil. Not the logo you are looking for, but it is an AF theme. Attaching a pic of the set I show off, Army, AF, Navy & Marines

Attachments

• military.JPG
    military.JPG
    60.3 KB · Views: 120
Top Bottom