Looking for a Woodworker / Cabinet maker around Central Kentucky

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Majorbdk

Majorbdk

Wow, long title. I'm a penturner but not much of a woodworker. Don't really have all the tools. One of my other hobbies is stained glass. I have 2 commissioned pieces that will be 16" x 16" that the customer would like to have it framed in wood much like a cabinet door. The reason I'm looking for someone locate is to avoid shipping and thought made I could watch someone make them an learn something at the same time. Let me know if someone can help. PM me and I'll send me phone number if you like.

Thanks
Brian

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jkeithrussell

I would think that a local framing shop (picture frames) or a local cabinet maker would be your best bets. Do you live near a Hobby Lobby or Michaels? They will build frames to suit.

paprgypc

Stained glass

Brian,

A cabinet shop can build the frame that you are talking about. We make cabinet doors all the time that have glass in the center. In your case you would have the stained glass fit into this enclosure.

Just got back from vacation.

I will call you later this week.

http://www.robscustomcabinetry.net

melogic

Brian,
Check out the local Woodcraft in Lexington. The owners wife owns a framing shop and maybe he could help and teach you what you are wanting to do. He is very good and super nice. I think his name is Mark. Hope this helps you out.

Majorbdk

Thanks for the call and thanks melogic for the tip. I think I have found a local person to make them. I'll also check out Woodcraft ask see if I can learn myself.

paprgypc

Have you found cabinet maker?

Just wanted to see if you have found what you area looking for from your local cabinet maker. If you have not then lets talk about what you are looking for.

My son has an artistic hand and also manages the cabinet shop so he would have a lot of ideas of what might look good.

Jim

http://www.robscustomcabinetry.net

Last edited:
Top Bottom