Looking for a SawStop screw size.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Curly

I have a SawStop ICS bought about 10 years ago. The small grub screw in the riving knife/splitter locking handle fell out and disappeared. Does anyone know the size so I can go into town and get a replacement? Length, thread size and pitch. I don't want to order from SawStop as we have a postal strike going on and it could take months before it arrived.

Thanks for your help.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Ed McDonnell

M4x0.7x6 would be a likely suspect. But it could have changed across the model years and be different for yours. Look at the exploded view in the back of your manual and you should see the screw right next to the clamping handle. If you don't have the manual, you can get it on the sawstop website.

Ed

p.s. does "going into town" involve dogs and a sled this time of year? If I was a postman in the great white north I would strike until spring......

Last edited:

Curly

Thanks Ed. I do have a manual here somewhere. It didn't dawn on me to look in it and that's bad for an old aircraft mechanic.

Our two dogs wouldn't be much use pulling anything. They only weigh about 11 pounds combined. My "sled" is a Frontier 4x4 and the studded snows are on until spring.

You forget that they have to walk the picket lines. I think they would rather have a negotiated settlement.

Curly

The link doesn't work.

I'll go hunting for some screws tomorrow and I'll take the handle with me just to make sure it will fit. I'll grab a bottle of Loktite while I'm at it. :wink:

Woodchipper

I have no idea where the link came from. I looked at it and can't figure it out as it relates to the forum. To all, ignore the link.

randyrls

Thanks Ed. I do have a manual here somewhere. It didn't dawn on me to look in it and that's bad for an old aircraft mechanic.

Pete; The first thing I do when buying anything is to download the manual and service manual (if available) from the manufacturer. It goes on my computer in a folder called "Manuals".

Top Bottom