looking for a disassembly post

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Wood Butcher

Local Chapter Leader
I have searched for longer than I should have for the post I thought I saw on how to take apart the PSI bolt action pen, can't locate it. I need to reuse the kit if possible. Thanks for any help.
WB

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MichaelD

Here's what I do:

Remove the nib/tip/whatever you call it, refill and spring. Retract the bolt into the non-writing position. Use a small/thin punch and work your way around the outer edge of the upper part. DO NOT hammer directly on the center of the bolt slider or you run a high risk of breaking the bolt. After the top is loose you can use a larger punch to get to the lower part.

robersonjr

No.......loosen the set screw first and unscrew the bolt handle before you tap the base out. then remove the fwd section, if you try to drive the top out without removing the bolt, it WILL break. Robbie

MichaelD

Let me add a little to my comments. Robbie is correct if you hit the center of the bolt slide there is a very, very strong possibility of breaking the bolt. Removing the bolt eliminates that potential. It does however bring in a couple of other issues. You probably really tightened that screw down when you assembled thereby crushing the threads on the bolt. When you unscrew it they will be re-threaded to some extent but you will have some trouble getting them back in. Also the cylinder the bolt screws into has to be held into place to start the bolt back into its threads. It can be cantankerous doing that.

Robbie's way is much safer. I've done it both ways. I'm more comfortable doing it my way now.

Top Bottom