Lookin for parts in all the wrong places.....

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MatthewZS

I think that was song.

Anyhow, anyone know a supplier that carries parts for pens other than the cigar and the slimlines? Specifically I'm trying to find the nib (I guess you call it) part of the pens with caps like the Apprentice Jr Gent and so on but not having any luck.

Thanks.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ldb2000

Sorry to say you aren't going to find parts like those . Woodnwhimsies only sells slimline/comfort/euro and cigar parts . The parts you are looking for are not available as a seperate parts , only with kits . If you need a single replacement part you can contact CSUSA and if the have an extra they might sell it . If you want them to make a kitless design you should know that some of these kits use oddball thread sizes so you better check that a tap is available for the kits you want the parts from .

MatthewZS

Here's kinda the part I'm looking for. I've tried making this part kitless, and aside from the fact I think it LOOKS good to have this part metal (and I don't have a metal lathe). I've tried making rollerball and ballpoint pen nibs in corian and while the rest of the parts of a pen are easy enough I've had poor luck with the nib being drilled out the material near the tip likes to crach BADLY, etc....... Just thought I'd check. Otherwise I'll wait till I can afford a collet chuck which I think will make it alot easier to make pieces like that. May even be able to chock up some aluminum stock and go to it......

Anyhow, thank you all:)

Attachments

• example.jpg
    example.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 116

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
PSI

PSI tells me they carry a lot of parts for their kits but do not list them in their catalog or web site. You probably have to be looking for parts for their kits and know what you're looking for. I've gotten tubes from them that weren't in their catalog.

ldb2000

You will need a collet chuck for this kind of work . A scroll chuck will work but it is much harder to use . I make parts like this all the time . They aren't hard to make in Aluminum and Brass but you will find it hard to find taps and dies if you wat to thread it to kit parts , some are standard sizes and some are not . Here are a few that I've made .

Made from black/gold web tru stone

Made from Brass

Made from Aluminum

Made from PR

MatthewZS

A nice collet chuck and a few related items are next on my purchase list if I EVER have money again so I guess that's when I'll tackle it. It just troubles me that we've got enough wood, acrylic, plastic, stone, glass, metal, resin, bakelite, etc....etc... etc.... layin around the shop but to make a pen I have to go buy parts somewhere.

Anyhow, thank you all for the info that has encouraged me to accelerate the next step of my journey.

sbell111

I think that was song.

Anyhow, anyone know a supplier that carries parts for pens other than the cigar and the slimlines? Specifically I'm trying to find the nib (I guess you call it) part of the pens with caps like the Apprentice Jr Gent and so on but not having any luck.

Thanks.
Rizheng sells the Jr Gent I nibs on their site for a mere 60 cents each. Unfortunately, shipping is a beast for small orders. If you had posted your need last week, I would have added a few nibs to an order that I made. I guess that I should have run a group buy.

PenMan1

I got a shop full of them! The part you show is a Baron or Sedona "front piece". Do you also need the rings and press ins?

PM me with exactly what you need ( plating choices,etc). I no longer make Barons or Sedonas, so, I'm sure I have them in the Sterling, platinum and TN platings.

Top Bottom