Longwood Kit ! HELP

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I got some longwood kits from a member of IAP. I can't figure out what all the tubes are for I have 3 in each kit, 2 small fit the rubber grip, and one longer one That is I think 2" or so. The kit description in the PSI catalog says you need to drill a 3" long blanks, but the longest brass tube is not 3". I feel stupid. It looks more like the "Comfort" kits that have the rubber, a small wood blanks then a bigger wood blank. Maybe these have been miss marked? Anyone with any info., I need help. I've turned 3 pens so far and need to make a few gift pens, so I need you guys to help a newbie. Thanks as always, victor

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Victor, starting from the nib; Nib, short tube, connector, short tube, mech. Thats the bottom half. Then the top half gets the long blank. The remaining long tube fits in flush with the finial end, the rest of the long blank has no tube in it. The first bit of tube can have either the rubber or a piece of wood. Hope this makes sense. Unless someone beats me to it, or you figure it out, I'll try find the instruction sheet and post a pic of it.

Good luck[8D]

I hope I don't get you more confused .... the short tube above the CB fits into the bottom of the 3" blank - it butts up against the 2" tube that gets glued into the blank. Make sure you don't get glue into the bottom inch of the long blank that does not have a tube in it DAMHIKT. If you trim too much wood off the bottom end of the top barrel it will not meet properly with the CB. You don't mention whether you have the instructions. They are on PSI site here http://www.pennstateind.com/library.php Scroll down to the PKLONGPEN instructions. I hope that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom