LOML bought me a....

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JimB

Drill Doctor 750X. Funny thing is, up until a few weeks ago, she had never heard of the DD. We were in Lowes and I made my usual detour into the tool aisle. Then I noticed she was looking at something. I went over and she was looking at two DD models and she said to me "does this clean the drill bits". I knew she meant sharpen and explained what it did. The she asked "Do you need one?". They had the 350 and another model but not the 500 or 750. What they had was on sale. We didn't buy it but when we got home I pulled up the DD comparison chart and reviewed the models.

Well, before I made it back to Lowes I made it to Rockler about 50 miles from where i live. They had the DD 750X on sale. I was very tempted but left empty handed, after all, even on sale it's a lot of money. When I got home I told my wife about it being on sale. She said "you should have bought it".

OK, so a week later, my wife INSISTED we go to Rockler because they were having a big sale. (What, you don't believe me?). And there it was, still on sale. So SHE bought it for me. So now we have a Doctor in the house:smile-big:.

I'm sure many of you realize how important this is that my wife bought this for me. If I bought it then the $$$ comes from my Turning Hobby Budget (THB). However, SHE bought this for me and my THB is still in tact for other things.:) Ah, Woodcraft is having a sale this weekend. Oh, yeah, she's cat sitting to pay for the DD.

Attachments

• DD A.jpg
    DD A.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 173
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Fred

Jim, er, I just have to ask you this ... What does she have her eye on? If she's like mine was she is just waiting for the right moment to spring it on ya!!

Joking aside, that is mighty nice of her and you best be making something for her!

JimB

Jim, er, I just have to ask you this ... What does she have her eye on? If she's like mine was she is just waiting for the right moment to spring it on ya!!

Joking aside, that is mighty nice of her and you best be making something for her!

I'm going to take her to Woodcraft today to see what she wants:biggrin:. They have a sale today!

Top Bottom