Logged more machine time

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from H2O

H2O

Spent more breaks working on this.

It's 4 3/8 x 4 3/8.
I omitted a toolpath to keep it from looking too busy with the small size.
I'm torn on whether or not to fill it in with blue. I really like the look of it without it and it eliminates the ton of extra work, especially since I like it the way it is.
I'm going to use it as a coaster... always getting the lecture.

Attachments

• IAPcoaster.jpg
    IAPcoaster.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 213
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

oneleggimp

Grosse Pointe Park, Michigan 48230 United States o
Spent more breaks working on this.

It's 4 3/8 x 4 3/8.
I omitted a toolpath to keep it from looking too busy with the small size.
I'm torn on whether or not to fill it in with blue. I really like the look of it without it and it eliminates the ton of extra work, especially since I like it the way it is.
I'm going to use it as a coaster... always getting the lecture.
Very nice as is. (sans the blue)

H2O

After looking at this picture, I realized it appears that the image is protruding from the surface, when in fact, it is engraved into the surface.

I thought I would clarify that and possibly get a clearer picture if I can find time.:wink:

H2O

I showed this to some co-workers today and there is some interest in other designs as coasters. I was asked about the logo and directed the inquiring minds to this site.

I'm considering casting some large blanks and trying the same thing on them. I could do a re-cast in a contrasting color and the surface would be flush when finished. I wonder if my employer would mind me casting on my break?:rolleyes:

H2O

I just hope your employer doesn't end up thinking of you as a bad apple ....

Actually, management is talking about promoting me to the design department. I wouldn't be designing, just doing the drafting and helping with R&D projects.
At least I would get to do this stuff all the time and get paid for it.
As a bonus... less hours, better pay.

Top Bottom