"Logan's Lightning"

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from akbar24601

akbar24601

Well, another super cool blank came in the mail from exoticblanks. It's a super bright green PR called "Paradise Lime". My son Logan fell in love with it and so we came up with what design he would like in it. I used a gold dyed and stabilized blank also from exoticblanks and black veneer to dress it up for him. He absolutely loves it! I swear, I think my kids have more fancy pens than most adults!!!

The kit is an Chrome/Satin Wall St II. I did put a CA finish on here to protect the wooden elements in the design.

Any and all comments welcome. Thanks for takin' the time to look :)

Attachments

• Logan's Lightning.jpg
    Logan's Lightning.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 407
  • Logan's Lightning 2.jpg
    Logan's Lightning 2.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 320
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OKLAHOMAN

Steve, that's just awesome. BTW your prop is very familiar did you steal "SPIKE" from Gerry Rhodes?

Last edited:

akbar24601

Good lookin design! But that is one odd looking Wall St. II It looks more like an EB to me.

You are 100% correct! I'm not sure if it's a bit cheaper line they came out with in the Wall Streets or what. It does have the EB style and comes two ways basically with the Satin/Shiny reversed on the two kits and is 1/2 the price of the EB. And, it is packaged as a Wall St. II :eek:

Keen observation though :wink:

PR_Princess

Steve, that is soo cool. On this occasion, I like the marriage of the two dissimilar materials........

Very neat effect, and great pen for the lad!:biggrin:

I think that Florescent lime is now officially become "Paradise" Lime!:island::tongue:

akbar24601

Thank you all very much for your kind words! This was a very fun pen to make and needless to say, Logan is extremely pleased with it! I'm very pleased as well, seeing as it did blow up on me once on the lathe. Thankfully it went back together AOK:eek:

Steve, that's just awesome. BTW your prop is very familiar did you steal "SPIKE" from Gerry Rhodes?

You lost me here Roy....Gerry Rhodes...."Spike"...:confused:

Logan is a lucky guy! That is a gorgeously segmented pen. You may want to add a rider to your insurance policy to cover that pen from envious FOLs (friends of Logan).

Well now, some of my kids friends have been known to get pens as well. As long as they are not too envious :devil::wink:

Steve, that is soo cool. On this occasion, I like the marriage of the two dissimilar materials........

Very neat effect, and great pen for the lad!:biggrin:

I think that Florescent lime is now officially become "Paradise" Lime!:island::tongue:

Truth be told, we were gonna hold out until we could get an appropriate yellow resin to do the "bolt". But the apple doesn't fall far from the tree and Logan is impatient like his daddy so we went ahead with what we had. We are all really glad that we did, because it made for a really cool effect.

A nifty little side note. Since the green becomes so translucent the thinner it gets, you can see down the sides of the segmenting which gives it an almost 3D effect.

Top Bottom