lofah

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from dscott

Status
Not open for further replies.

dscott

firet cast sorry pic bad could not get it to shine any help on getting it to shine i think it turned out ok

200611514150_first%20cast_edited.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

gerryr

How are you finishing it? That would be good start for anyone to try helping. This stuff should polish like glass. The pen looks good though.

BigRob777

I was going to try to grow loofah squash this coming summer, then do some casting, but a good friend advised me that it would be too much work. I wanted to sell them, but congratulations for beating me to it. You will have to seal the loofah, so it doesn't absorb oils and so forth.
Rob

Skye

Did you paint the tubes or is the resin colored?

It looks almost like bubbles.

I'd say that anything that's been cast, like a sponge, that you have to actually cut the material while turning it, you need to finish that off with a coat of CA. If not, they'll be both resin and material at surface level.

Skye

Both/either a pressure pot or vacuum will help with those bubbles. I know, easier said than done.

gerryr

I've done one cactus blank and what I did was sand it to polish it with MM all the way to 12000. Then I applied 2 coats of thin CA and when through the MM again to 12000. Then, the next day, I buffed it with White Diamond.

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
I am guessing the loofa goes to the surface.
I would build up with CA and finish.
The same situation occurs when I lamiate metal or wood in my plexiglass blanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom