liquid diamonds snake blanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

its_virgil

My first venture into casting snake blanks with Liquid Diamonds. I have not turned one yet so no decisions. It did cast easy and the blanks look awesome. Turning and polishing will be the determining factor. Don't like the price. Don't like the curing time and the time wait to turn them.
Shadows across the bottom row.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

Attachments

• snakes in .jpg
    snakes in .jpg
    78 KB · Views: 214
Last edited:

Rolandranch

Very cool! They all look very nice.

Liquid Diamonds is pretty pricey which is why I haven't tried it yet. I would love to hear your thoughts on the LD once you come to a conclusion about it.

Brian G

They look great, Don.

I've turned and polished about a dozen label casts that I made using LD. They were my first experience with turning and polishing epoxy blanks.

I'd call them softer than Alumilite. Nice, fluffy ribbons with a skew. I think if I had learned the skew by turning LD, I would have adapted much quicker to other material.

They polished nice. If you're in the habit of using sandpaper at all, I'd suggest starting at a grit one finer than you typically use. Pressure is an enemy, and will create scratches that are more difficult to remove than with the two other resin types used in label casting.

I don't think LD buffs to as high of a shine as I can get with PR, but as I noted, I've only turned and polished about a dozen LD blanks. I'm still on the learning curve.

Top Bottom