Leopardwood Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from grub32

grub32

This is a leopardwood pen finished using my CA method. This is the pen that was made during the video that I showed on my youtube video.

http://www.youtube.com/grub32

My photo doesn't how how shiny this baby really is...I didnt have the time to set up the correct lighting and tripod for this shot so I just used my auto focus and clicked the photo. Normally, I use a backdrop and photo tent. I set the tripod up and photograph it using the timer so I dont shake while the aperture is open. Does a much better job.

Thanks for looking,

Grub

Attachments

• LeoparwoodPen.jpg
    LeoparwoodPen.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 615
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

gvanweerd

So There it is. That looks Great! You Make look easy in the vid. i got bored and turned a handle for my X-acto knife. and tryed your technique. well i need more pratice. i had to sand off the finnish a few times. Thanks again for the vid.

PaulSF

Looks great! I am working on a coolibah burl now, my first time turning between centers, and I intend on using your CA finish routine on it. Let's hope it works out!

PaulSF

Oh.
My.
God.

I was going to leave right at closing to take a bikram yoga class (first in over a week), and the phone repair guy showed up right as I was leaving. So I had to stay and I missed my yoga class. And then a very late customer came in, but she bought a splendid Louis XVI handcarved, gilded frame from Rhonda Feinman Custom Frames, so that kind of made up for it. Actually, it completely made up for it.

But the real icing on the cake was deciding to stick around and do Grub's CA finish routine on this coolibah burl I've been working on, and I must say, it was both easy to apply and it came out beautifully!!! I'm going to let it sit til Monday and check again before assembly, but wow!

Bree

Nice pen and nice video Grub. I enjoyed it. I do it differently with CA/BLO and friction generated heat but it was good to see an alternative. The one other difference I noted was that I don't like to wet sand the CA on wood. I am always nervous that some water might wick its way through the unfinished end grain and get under the CA to cloud the pen. But your pen looks great sooo... Great job!
:wink::wink::wink:

Top Bottom