Legacy Woodturning

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
A turning friend of mine just sent me a website that deals in Legacy pen kits. They had a bunch of them and all looked very similar to what you would find on PSI's website or any others that sell PSI products. Pricing looked pretty attractive so I'm wondering about quality. Has anyone out there had any experience with this brand? How was the quality, the same as PSI, better or worse? How were they to work with in regards to damaged shipments, missing parts or customer service in general? Thanks for your honest opinion.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

I believe that "legacy" is a term used by the vendor named "The Woodturning Store".
Sometimes the term "legacy" has the meaning of "vintage", but I don't think that is the case in this instance.
Although I get their newsletters, I have never bought from them. . As you pointed out, their products look the same as stuff that is available elsewhere and even the pen kit names are the same, at least for some kits. . Cheaper prices raise warning flags for me. . I have the feeling that PSI mandates the selling price on true PSI products, but I could be wrong on that.

bsshog40

Well cheaper doesn't scare me in this case. As I stated, I have bought a lot of kits from them. I had also bought a 10mm drill bit from them. First bit I ever got that was bent. I emailed them and the next day they sent me an upgraded fisch 10mm bit. I have not had one problem with them. They are actually my first go to store when I search for supplies. I know I'm new to woodturning but I like their products and customer service.

magpens

I am very glad to hear your positive remarks, Bobby. . Good to know about your satisfaction.

As I said, I have not bought from them ... yet ... although I have scanned through their product offerings on several occasions.

Top Bottom