Leftover Homebrew

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from mick

mick

I was cleaning up some scraps where I had cut up a block of PR in pen blanks when a idea hit me. So I took a sliver of resin and shaped it on my sander. After a little finish sanding and polishing this is what I came up with. All it cost was a raid on my wife's jewelry findings for the bail and some cording or whatever you call it. She wore it when she went to work today. :biggrin: Actual size is about 2 1/2"
I woulda thrown that sliver away as it wasn't even big enough for center bands!

Attachments

• Pendant.jpg
    Pendant.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 268
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mick

Nice work Mick.That looks cool!Any extras,you know,to give to new friends.

I sure won't be throwing any away...I'll set some aside.
Right now I'm trying to come up with a way to polish small thin squares for a project I'm working on.:wink:

J

jackrichington

great use of "scrap" thanks for sharing your good work

ldb2000

Fantastic idea . It looks like an expensive gemstone .
To polish your small squares , how about some carpet tape and a blank of the right size . Just stick your pieces to the end of the blank and polish then peel it off and do the other side .

nava1uni

You could also use a dapper stick. People who do lapidary work use them to hold stones while they polish them on a buffer. It is a piece of dowel with some special kind of sticky stuff that really holds the stones to the end while they are buffed. You could probably get some at a lapidary shop. Check the yellow pages.

Top Bottom