Left over Resin

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

kenlholley

I try real hard to only mix the resin I need for the blank I am making but it always seems that I end up with a little left. Not enough to use for anything but I hate to waste it. I would like to save it and add to it as I make more blanks. Eventually it will be long enough to make a one of a kind pen. What can I use to store the leftovers until then? Would a 3/4" PVC capped pipe work?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
You can also just pour it in a mold and let it harden. Then break it in to smaller pieces and save the different colored pieces. When you get enough mix them put them in a mold and pour with a different color.

Mike

Stained glass

You can also just pour it in a mold and let it harden. Then break it in to smaller pieces and save the different colored pieces. When you get enough mix them put them in a mold and pour with a different color.

Mike

Gives a great stained glass effect or if poured in white divinity candy aspect. Just remember to paint the tube because some of the small pieces get very translucent.

I have 3-4 votive candle molds, stainless steel type, that I use for stopper molds. Always purposely make a few oz's more than I need for a pen pour just for that purpose.

Back
Top Bottom