Leather Baron

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from MuddyWater

MuddyWater

I thought this might be a different idea. I put this idea out there a couple of days ago and thanks to everyone for the responce.

2008130201243_IMG_6257.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rlharding

WOW!! I had a different image entirely based on your last post. I was thinking it would look something like the leather patchwork from the 60s.

fiferb

Originally posted by pipeyeti

Looks like the handle on my old survival knife I carried when flying in the Navy.
Hey, I thought that looked familiar. I carried one of these on my vest flying in the Army, too.:D

pipeyeti

Originally posted by MuddyWater

Originally posted by pipeyeti

Looks like the handle on my old survival knife I carried when flying in the Navy.

That is the look I was going for with this pen.
You nailed it! Now we just have to sharpen it and add saw serations to one side;)
Oh and a compas on the end!

rhahnfl

Did you do this one just since the posing about leather pens the other day? I love the job you did with it and the arrowhead prop for the pic. It reminds me of a hunting knife I used to have years ago.

MuddyWater

Originally posted by rhahnfl

Did you do this one just since the posing about leather pens the other day? I love the job you did with it and the arrowhead prop for the pic. It reminds me of a hunting knife I used to have years ago.

It was in the works, but I thought I would post the other day and see about finishing with CA or something else.

Firefyter-emt

Nice job, but I think a natural waxed finish might work better, The gloss CA / leather seems wrong to me. I have thought about this myself a few times and might just give it a go.

Very good lookin pen all the same! ;)

bitshird

When you brought up the subject I thought it might look kind of goofy :D I guess I was pretty wrong, [B)] thats a nice looking pen [^] great idea..

almer

Originally posted by MuddyWater

I thought this might be a different idea. I put this idea out there a couple of days ago and thanks to everyone for the responce.

2008130201243_IMG_6257.jpg
I didnt see your other post,ive made a few with real leather and what we call stacked leather,this website has some info on leather wrap for pool cues,www.tigerproducts.com,i believe it has a tutorial for finishing the leather also.I have done quite a few of these on pool cues,they are beauties especially the 2 colored ones,You can also buy the strings of leather fr tandy,they work good on sierra kits too

Top Bottom