Leather and Bullets

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from maxman400

maxman400

After Loosing 200 LBS I have about 16" of extra leather on my duty belts that I don't have any use for any more! :biggrin: So I took some of it and and made this blank, I wanted good separation between layers so I also glued in some black plastic. I was Shooting (pardon the pun) for the K-Bar look with some texture so I put 4 coats of thin CA on with a Baggie and then used chrome polish followed with plastix polish (no sanding). The shell and bullet is a .308 and the clip is from PSI.
Any comments welcome, Thanks for looking. :)
attachment.php

Attachments

• Leather and Bullets 009_8_7_tonemapped.jpg
    Leather and Bullets 009_8_7_tonemapped.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 542
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
WOW, that is NICE!!! Ok, what is the secret,,,, to the weight loss? I need to loose about 150 lbs

Nice pen Max!!! Ok me 3 like to know what is the secret to lose the weight i could lose 50 lbs 2!!!

Thanks Guys! I went all out and had the gastric by-pass It will be 4 years in February. Send me a PM if you would like to more.

Max,
That'a a great use of a duty belt and a tribute to your weight loss. With that said beautiful use of the leather, plastic and shell. Nice job! Keep up the good work and BE SAFE! Fellow LEO here.
Dale

I love it !! It does have the K-bar look. Love it even more because it symbolizes you living a longer healthier life. Congratulations on the weight loss !! Regards, Doc

I like it. What a great idea! I would never have thought of using old duty belts like that. Congrats on the weight loss- hope it went OK for you. I have a coworker who is a good friend that just had the by-pass (scary stuff in my opinion..) and I think this would be a great idea as a gift to him.

+1 on the bypass -- 4 + years

Nice effect with the pen -- You did a good job of modeling the knife handle effect to scale.

Back
Top Bottom