Learning!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Kemosabe62

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kemosabe62

I'm doing several things here. 1- Trying to get a photo to post. 2- Learning to manipulate phot programs to get picture to post. 3- Making it legitimate that I actually do turn a pen or two. 4- Home built photo booth, seeing how well it'll work.

Multiple pens all finished w/CA

2007324112037_1multiplepens.jpg

A Curly Koa Closed-End Baron Platinum plating, the blank I received in a raffle I won several months ago from Dario. Finish: sanded to 600, EEE, Mylands friction polish, 1-coat Thick CA, 6-coats Thin CA, micro meshed to 12000, buffed w/tripoli and white diamond, topped off w/Shellawax.

2007324114328_curlykoaclosebaron.jpg

I get a lot of ooh's and ahh's from those whom I sell to. But posting these pics opens me up to my peers' evaluation. I'm nervous about it, but critism is needed and welcomed.:)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jaywood1207

They all look good to me Anthony and the pictures are well done. One question though about the Baron. You state it is a platinum but looks gold/copper in the photo. Is that a typo or is the colour off?

LEAP

You need to send those out for closer inspection[:D], Seriously nice job and the photos are great. I like the antler stand that would really catch the eye with a cartridge pen sitting in it.

GBusardo

I'll bet you made the stand, right? Great job and even better idea!
I have some of the same problems with my platnium looking like copper, only sometimes though. I think its the lighting. I also really like the redish cigar.

Mikey

I really like that Baron. Koa is one of the best woods IMO. Better than a lot of burls for sure. never noticed that Platinum doens't shopw up as silver in my pics. I'll count my blessings.

Tanner

Learning...heck, I would say you have learned.[:)] That is an awesome setup with the Baron and the antler holder. You get an ooh and an aah from me.[:D]

Kemosabe62

Thank you gentlemen. Yea made a big flub. It is a TN gold finish, I did make a Platinum Koa and that one was on my mind when I typed it up. Both stands made from discontinued random length 3/4 wood floor packs I found at a local hardware/lumber store that I got at a deal. Made a bathroom cabinet from one of them. The trim I got at Michaels' on sale for $1.00/3'. I also make cartridge pens and will post one later for your critique.

Again thanks, if not for you guys and this forum it definitley would not be possible for me to have gotten this far.

stevers

The fit looks good on them, and from what I can see of the finish, it looks good too. The lower pick is nice. I like the pen stand. Could open up the exposure a little. Would make it easier to make out details. Looks good for the most part.
Wounder if the themed clips are for special orders, or just like the look?

Dario

Is it bad if I say I like the Koa the best? I know I am probably biased. [:D][;)]

The 4th on the top lots very nice too, does the label say Thuya?

Kemosabe62

I can't take credit for the idea of the stand, someone here already has made one. For that is where I got the idea.

The one on the far right is curly walnut. The curls are wide and far apart. The blank would have looked better on a pepper mill or something larger.

Both pics taken w/same lighting and auto exposure. The top photo is as is. The Koa photo I had to chand the brightness and contrast to get pic better than it was,The stand and curls were too dark.

The theme clips are to show others that view my pens, what type of clips and blanks are available.

The 4th from left is Thuya.

The cigar is my attempt at a celtic knot of maple,cocobolo in redheart. As they say I got close, "but no cigar".[:D]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom