Leaderboard!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
Here is the leaderboard as it stands at the completion of the first 24 hours of the "Inky" crossword puzzle.

With perfect scores:
alphageek 9
Cole Roberts 9
fitty 9
hewunch 9
karl_99 9
mrcook4570 9
rholiday 9
RichF 9
SMJ1957 9
THarvey 9
Twist-Ed 9
UKpenmaker 9
Wooden_Pen_Turner_11 9

With 8 points:
AKBeaver 8
alankulwicki7 8
gwilki 8
hunter-27 8
The Penguin 8

With 7 Points:
AKPenTurner 7
philb 7
randywa 7
socdad 7
sparhawk 7
timself 7
ken69912001 7

Attached is a PDF file with everyone who has participated and their scores. The list is in alphabetical order based on Usernames.

Just because you are not in the top does not mean you can't win! I have some things planned where you will be able to win multiple points and don't forget, those who have at least a 50% score are entered into the random drawing for 3 different prizes! So, get out there and complete the puzzles as they come up and most importantly, have fun!

Attachments

• TheAlmostDailyPuzzlerTotals.pdf
    53.7 KB · Views: 318
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

THarvey

The "Inky" puzzle weeded the leaders down from 21 to 13.

I think Curtis is just getting started with the challenges.

Good luck everyone!!

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Here is the leaderboard as it stands at the completion of the first 24 hours of the "Inky" crossword puzzle.

With perfect scores:
alphageek 9
Cole Roberts 9
fitty 9
hewunch 9
karl_99 9
mrcook4570 9
rholiday 9
RichF 9
SMJ1957 9
THarvey 9
Twist-Ed 9
UKpenmaker 9
Wooden_Pen_Turner_11 9

With 8 points:
AKBeaver 8
alankulwicki7 8
gwilki 8
hunter-27 8
The Penguin 8

With 7 Points:
AKPenTurner 7
philb 7
randywa 7
socdad 7
sparhawk 7
timself 7
ken69912001 7

Attached is a PDF file with everyone who has participated and their scores. The list is in alphabetical order based on Usernames.

Just because you are not in the top does not mean you can't win! I have some things planned where you will be able to win multiple points and don't forget, those who have at least a 50% score are entered into the random drawing for 3 different prizes! So, get out there and complete the puzzles as they come up and most importantly, have fun!
Hmmmm I don't see my id on the PDF list - but you did say you make an occasional typo.......

SteveJ

Hmmmm I don't see my id on the PDF list - but you did say you make an occasional typo.......[/QUOTE]

I think the IAP is the new fountain (pen) of youth. I assume your 37 is the year you were born, which makes you 20 years my senior - except on the leaderboard where we both apparently got a year younger!

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
Here is some clarification to some questions. When I compiled the data for the leaderboard, I was working with 417 different entries, one for each time each member completed a puzzle. I take the data into a spread sheet and sort and group by username, then assign points for each correct entry. Lastly, I total the points and then click the name just above the total line and drag down to put a name next to the aggregate score. Excel, in its infinite wisdom, decided to increase the number at the end of names that ended in numbers, thus the increase such as Smitty38 instead of Smitty37. I did not notice this until I had gone through all the entries and spent a lot of time working on it. I made sure the leaderboard was corrected but just did not have time to do all of them for the PDF. Don't worry, the original data is still in the database and the final will be correct at the end.

As for half points...on the last puzzle, there was a trick proof of completion with a misspelled word. I put up MANY different warnings and created as much chatter as possible that those who did not use the proof of completion exactly as presented, would not get credit for the puzzle. There were a number of folks who re-did the puzzle to make sure they got the correct proof of completion but there were also a number who did not. I decided rather than to be mean and not give any points to those who technically did not provide the correct answer, that I would give them 1/2 point instead. This seemed fair to me at the time. I really don't care one way or another so if you have a real issue with this, I can certainly change it. One point, though, the 1/2 points did not affect the leaderboard as posted in the thread above.

longbeard

no, the half does not bother me. i will take all the .5's you wanna give me.:biggrin:
just wondering.
Thank you Curtis

alphageek

Former Moderator
Can we get an update on the Leaderboard??

yeah - since you and I are the chatty ones on the top of the leaderboard, we need to know if anyone else has fallen off after that crazy puzzle. :biggrin:

I still can't believe that I had 1/2 a dozen copies of "PR" in mine when that wasn't one of the words..... Then again Curtis is more inclined to alumite over PR! :eek:

Twist-Ed

Well I managed to get the word search in on time for an additional 2 points
But a look at the last posted Leader Board shows me as the only Canadian in the top 13.
Im a bit suspicious
Go Canadians GO eh !!!
I know theres more of us

Attachments

• canadianflag.gif
    canadianflag.gif
    18.4 KB · Views: 135

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
I mentioned on the other thread that the 1st version I worked on I had 8 words that didn't count....and that is not counting multiples of 3 of the 2 letter words.

SteveJ

I kept finding CA and CB and tried to make them work. Should have looked for WTF instead! As for the leader board, if I am correct, at least two of the top places are held by pastors....just saying....

alphageek

Former Moderator
I kept finding CA and CB and tried to make them work. Should have looked for WTF instead! As for the leader board, if I am correct, at least two of the top places are held by pastors....just saying....

So are you saying the rest of us don't have a prayer? (ba dum bump)

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam

So are you saying the rest of us don't have a prayer? (ba dum bump)

Not to worry - I preach about 2 or 3 Sunday's a year and pray pretty regular.

SteveJ

Yeah, but you usually pray! When you are in the habit of praying you don't tend to pray for stuff as insignificant as a pen blank. Come to think of it, if it is important enough to someone to seek divine intervention, perhaps we ought to gather something more than blanks for them!

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Well I also think that God has been more than generous with me - as a younger man I can remember once praying for something and I distinctly heard in my head "LeRoy I have already given you that - you have a good mind, two good hands and a good job. You can do the rest yourself."

Top Bottom