Lead size in European Style Pencils?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rjwolfe3

Does anyone know what size lead is used in the European Style pencils?:confused:
I have a customer that is interested in a 0.9mm lead and can't seem to find much available.
TIA:biggrin:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

pianomanpj

Rob,
Maybe you might consider the Pentel conversion. There are many threads here on the IAP about it. Perhaps there is a way to make the conversion into a European. Having never actually done the conversion, I could be completely full of hot air. (Was gonna say something other than "air", but Ed pointed out in a previous post that this is a family site. :wink:)

rjwolfe3

Mmm, that is something to consider. I am still working on my first Pentel pencil (had to find a nut to fit first) so am not sure how easy it will be to figure out the rest.

rjwolfe3

So the customer said he was interested in the pencil but only if I can supply it with 0.9 mm lead. Does anyone know of a way to convert a mechanism from 0.7 mm to 0.9 mm?

DurocShark

Rob,
Maybe you might consider the Pentel conversion. There are many threads here on the IAP about it. Perhaps there is a way to make the conversion into a European. Having never actually done the conversion, I could be completely full of hot air. (Was gonna say something other than "air", but Ed pointed out in a previous post that this is a family site. :wink:)

This is something I've been considering. Using the top half of the Euro as the click cap. I will most likely need to use some custom tube sizes to make it happen so the top slides over the bottom, so it's kinda low on my to-do list.

Top Bottom