Law of averages?? USPS and Amazon

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Strange occurrences!!

We have grown up to get and send a LOT of mail. So, I guess the chances we will encounter a weird one are much greater than average. Here's today's:

Guy calls and asks if this is Exotic Blanks (I always answer, "Ed Brown speaking can I help you?"). I, of course, tell him it IS Exotic Blanks. He proceeds to tell me he has a package, addressed to Exotic blanks, from one of our suppliers (he names the supplier, and he reads me the enclosed invoice, clearly he is telling the truth). I tell him to put it back in the mail, but he continues: Seems he ordered some backpacks from Amazon. The package of blanks (about 100, in a med flat rate postal box) is INSIDE his package from Amazon, along with his backpacks.

He is clearly very impressed by the bill inside (about $1000), and he is willing to send it along to us.

I won't go into more detail, but he arranges with Dawn to send the box to us, for a "reasonable reimbursement" for his time.

What are your comments on this whole picture???

Merry Christmas!!!
Ed & Dawn

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

CREID

Either weird or he is lying about it being inside his package and trying to get some money. Myself, I would have contacted amazon and told them I received a wrong package and let them issue a return ticket and returned it to them. It would never occur to me to contact the person it was intended for, what if they filed a damage claim and I got accused?

Curt

Bean_Counter

Had the same thing happen to me. Ordered a new saw blade from amazon which came in a folded down flat rate box. Along with the blade was a lebron James rookie card in a mailed envelope. My wife and I looked up the tracking and it said it was delivered in hong kong lol. Needless to say we just forwarded it on to the owner.

Some people will do anything for a buck. Here in Lubbock the Yeti cups are all sold out so people are gouging By selling them in Facebook by charging double. It's a shame

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member
middle of nowhere in the great, white North
Ignore my earlier post - I didn't quite understand...

But it seems that anyone asking for a ransom isn't someone I could trust to send the items after I paid...

I'd call the post office, explain what he told you, file an insurance claim, and possibly even forward what he tells you to the police - seems to be bordering on blackmail!

Ed McDonnell

I would bet it has something to do with UPS Mail Innovations and a screw up at a joint USPS / UPS facility. I can't think of anywhere else an amazon and USPS shipment would come together. Maybe UPS Mail Innovations is trying to improve their relative performance (which is terrible) by destroying performance metrics for their partners individual services.

Or maybe a postal employee is taking home what they think are high value packages for "special" delivery.

At least your package got delivered somewhere instead of just thrown in the garbage or a closet somewhere by a seasonal worker who just doesn't care.

Ed

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
Assuming the package was originally shipped via USPS, I think I'd get the shipping info from your supplier and let USPS know what's going on. If someone put your package in another one, and he opened yours along with his, that may be considered tampering with the US mail which I believe is a federal offense.

tbroye

My smell meter is pegged. It doesn't pass the truth test. This UPS/USPS thing sucks I have had package get lost of delayed. Amazon Prime means nothing to USPS

Last edited:

chartle

At first I was thinking that maybe his package of backpacks was damaged and when it was repacked someone thought your box should go with it but as I write this that doesn't make any sense at all.

Top Bottom