Lava pen for a bday

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ToddMR

ToddMR

So this is a lava acrylic blank I picked up yesterday at Woodcraft. I had a copper cigar kit at home that I thought this would go good with. My wife's friend's daughter's 16th birthday party is today and she has been wanting a pen for a while. I thought I would give this one a whirl. I sharpened all my tools up fresh this morning. I really like this blank and I think the kit looks good too. I did notice some tool marks after going through the wet MM sanding the first time. I used the skew and worked on those tool/scorch mark areas of the pen lightly using some water to keep the blank cool. I then did wet MM all the way up stopping the lathe after each grit and using the same grit to lightly sand the length of the blank with the lathe off. After sanding I used some turtle wax. I really think this one turned out to be something nice for her. I really hope she likes it. I am giving her one of my PR keychains as well. Any comments are welcome, and thank you for looking.

158306-438x.jpg
158307-438x.jpg
158308-438x.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Mark

Hey Todd. Another nice looking Cigar. Lava is one of my favorite blanks. It's right up there with the Cherry Pie blank from WC. Great looking combo. Nicely Done..

Top Bottom