Lathe Alignment Bars

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TonyL

My centers are not giving me any trouble, and I want to keep it that way.
Real simple question (yes or no is just fine) or do you know one that is Jet 1221 compatible (called Jet and Nova already - long time on hold).

Is the Nova Acruline 2MT compatible with the Jet 1221 2MT?

Thank you very much and good health.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

monophoto

Morse tapers were originally developed in the mid-19th century at a machine shop in New Bedford, Massachusetts. Subsequently, they have been incorporated into international standards (ISO 296) and should therefore be universal. So I don't think that you need to worry about compatibility of Morse tapers between brands of lathes as long as the manufacturers clearly state that the headstock and tailstock are Morse tapers.

Here is a table that shows the dimensions of the various Morse tapers.
ScreenHunter 212.jpg

There are several other taper schemes used in the machine tool industry. The one that turners are most likely to encounter is the Jacobs taper - it is commonly used to attach chucks on drill presses, and is also frequently used to attach a Jacobs chuck body to an arbor, where the arbor has a Morse taper at the opposite end for mounting on a lathe.

jttheclockman

Late to the party but yes to your question use it once in awhile. heck I would actually have to search for it because it has been a long time. :)

greenacres2

I dropped one into my cart at Amazon so i'd remember to buy one--didn't even look at the expected ship date. Since my coffee, s-hooks and eye bolts all arrived today--it'll probably be a few weeks before i place another order with them (when we run out of Wheat Thins and cheese dip!!)
earl

greenacres2

I had checked a few hours ago and it estimated 5-7. I appreciate a conservative estimate and having reality be better. And these are unusual times.
Earl

Top Bottom