Latest Commission

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Brooks803

Brooks803

Here's my latest from the lathe. It's a commissioned piece. I'm really happy with how it came out. The material is from Richard Greenwald and my customer supplied their own nib. It's either a Bock or Jowo 18kt gold nib. For those who like the technical specs here ya go:

Overall Length: 6"
Cap: 2 1/2"
Body: 5 1/2"

Weight: 19g without ink

Threads:
Cap/Body: 12x.08mm Triple Start
Cap Finial: 11x.75mm
Section/Body: 10x1mm

DSC04490 (600x700).jpg DSC04493 (580x700).jpg DSC04498 (559x700).jpg DSC04503 (700x361) (2).jpg DSC04500 (660x700).jpg

Thanks for looking!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Brooks803

Thank you all for the kind words!

Johnathon, what material did you use for the front section? It sure did polish up nice!

Thanks Mark. The front section is black acrylic. I thought of using ebonite, but with the shine on the blank I didn't think it'd look as good. I can get a nice polish on ebonite, but not to that degree!

Good looking pen....

What material is it...

Has the look of anodized aluminum...

Thanks Bruce. The material is a standard acrylic blank from Richard Greenwald. Your the 3rd person to say it looks like anodized aluminum. It does have a cool metallic look to it.

wizard

Gorgeous!!!

Jonathan, I love this pen !! It is not only beautiful..but as I look at the threads, section, proportions, finish....the painstaking attention to detail that stand up to the scrutiny of macro-photography is really a testament to your skills as an artist. Well done, my friend!!
You have a very lucky customer. By the way, your customer's address is 6750 West Loop South, Suite 610, Bellaire, Texas 77401..... :biggrin:.
Regards,
Doc:)

jyreene

Great looking pen Jonathon. I like the colors. Good lines. And I also appreciate that you don't just post photobucket links because those don't work out here!

MikeL

Pretty color and nice craftsmanship. All you kitless makers makes me want to jump in but still haven't taken the plunge. If I ever get one made it will be a long time for I will get one to look as nice as this pen and several others I see being made. Very nice.

OZturner

Outstanding Pen, Jonathon,
Superb, Profile, Proportions, and Lines,
Your Exceptional Craftsmanship, is evident throughout, but not more so than your threads.
The Fit and Finish, you achieved is Truly Incredible.
The Choice of Materials and Colours is Inspirational.
Congratulations on a Superbly Successful Commission.
Brian.

Brooks803

Thank you ALL again for the kind words!

Great looking pen Jonathon. I like the colors. Good lines. And I also appreciate that you don't just post photobucket links because those don't work out here!

Thanks Ty. I try to make it where everyone can see it.

That is a beautiful pen. Almost makes me want you to produce one for me!

Thanks! I think you'd be surprised how many pens like this I've made for other turners :wink::biggrin:

Jonathan, I love this pen !! It is not only beautiful..but as I look at the threads, section, proportions, finish....the painstaking attention to detail that stand up to the scrutiny of macro-photography is really a testament to your skills as an artist. Well done, my friend!!
You have a very lucky customer. By the way, your customer's address is 6750 West Loop South, Suite 610, Bellaire, Texas 77401..... :biggrin:.
Regards,
Doc:)

Thank you Doc! Coming from you that means a lot to me. I hope to keep the standard on all my future works. Not to mention so it'll hold up to your work, which I've been so happy to see as of late :biggrin:

Top Bottom