Latest Bowl

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from W.Y.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
I love seeing your work Bill! I can't imagine that $69.00 is a fair price, but if it's what you ask and get - I respect you even more! The little bit that I have dabbled with segmenting makes me appreciate the skill that you display!

Please keep posting!

W.Y.

Sorry for the delay in replying . I took off in the motorhome for a couple days of fishing only to find there is a total ban on fishing in all streams and rivers here because of the drought and low water levels . . But I had some good music jams with some friends that visited so it was still fun .
Just got back home and read your comments.
Thanks .

I love seeing your work Bill! I can't imagine that $69.00 is a fair price, but if it's what you ask and get - I respect you even more! The little bit that I have dabbled with segmenting makes me appreciate the skill that you display!

Please keep posting!

Mark,
You're right, $69 probably isn't a fair price for Bill's bowl... it probably worth more. I often get that much or more for some of my bowls that don't have near the work involved... mine are mostly just plain wood.

Beautiful bowl Mr. Young!!

W.Y.

Thanks again guys and something you might not be aware of is that I make all those bowls (around 350 now) in a floor space of just over 90 square feet inside a 10 x 10 shop .
A few days ago I made my second video since building that micro shop and posted it on my Woodworking Friends site. Then I figured some of you here might also be interested in seeing it so here it is .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYbaOpsR2Rw

Thanks again guys and something you might not be aware of is that I make all those bowls (around 350 now) in a floor space of just over 90 square feet inside a 10 x 10 shop .
A few days ago I made my second video since building that micro shop and posted it on my Woodworking Friends site. Then I figured some of you here might also be interested in seeing it so here it is .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYbaOpsR2Rw

Hey Bill,
Looks pretty well organized... my first shop in Houston was a 9 x 10 garden shed in the back yard... I had two work benches, a 14x40 Home Depot lathe, a chop saw, two scrolls saws mounted on a work table, a table saw, a Ryobi bench mounted band saw, a bench mounted belt sander and a bench mounted drill press plus I stored the lawn mower and garden tools and my ladders in there....I had to go outside to change my mind and if I needed to change tools, everything had to be moved outside until I could get the right tool in position... I had about 2 x 4 space to stand at the lathe...
Pictures of my shop..... worked for me.

Even now I'm in a 12x24 shop with 3 work benches, two lathes, an upright band saw, a table saw, a bench grinder sharpening system, a table mounted drill press, a 1" belt sander, same two scroll saws (they're stored on a shelf now), a planer, microwave oven for drying wood, a toaster oven intended for stabilizing wood (haven't used it yet - stored on a shelf) plus 3 racks that holds bowl blanks, chain saws, some storage boxes and other assorted items.... thank goodness for overhead rafters.. where I store linear lumber, spares for some of the tools, several long extension cords and my face shields.

I do like your bowls...

And I had forgotten that my son gave me his 1014 Jet lathe that I squeezed in to the shop in Houston...

Attachments

• My Shop - Houston.jpg
    My Shop - Houston.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 79
  • MY BIG LATHE-Houston.jpg
    MY BIG LATHE-Houston.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 102
  • Houston Workbench.jpg
    Houston Workbench.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:
Top Bottom