Late Halloween pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from alxe24

Status
Not open for further replies.

alxe24

Well today I started to goof arround with polimer clay and graved a chipo pen to try it out. Here is what happened. It seems like there is some potential with this material.
The one thing noticed is that the clay does benefit a lot from a ca finish. As far as baking and tooling do you guys have any tips? I noticed that it was easier to bring the pen to a close finish size and finish with a 100 grit gouge and after that wet sanding and ca.
Thanks for looking and comments.
Regards,
Alex

200711294741_Halloween-pen.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Darley

Hi Alex if you can hold of the Woodturning design magazine Summer 2004 ( 2nd issue ) you will have a well written article by Ed Davidson, I still try to find polymer clay here Downunder[:D]

les-smith

Good job on the pen. I agree that there is a lot of sanding to get to the final size. I use the 220 gouge. I also bake it a little longer.

alxe24

Originally posted by Darley
<br />Sorry pen look good from here

Let me know if you want some. I will be glad to buy it for you here and send it your way, it is not expensive.

Originally posted by les-smith
<br />Good job on the pen. I agree that there is a lot of sanding to get to the final size. I use the 220 gouge. I also bake it a little longer.

Next one I'll start with a finer grit. Getting the 100 off took a while.

Thank you guys for you comments
Alex

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom